Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    My 5 year old lil ripper riding around Pleasanton BMX park and Shadow Cliffs in Pleasanton, CA...His new "big boy bike" is currently being built!

mtbr member
    Jan 2003
    My 12 year old hyjacked my Enduro!

Kind regards,

Clemens

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    Following my little man on his commencal supreme 24 today at Bryce Resort.

Ride On

Mountain Biking with the Dirt Hombres. Cumberland BC Easter 2015

My little man is 8 and has been riding for a couple of years on BC single track. Dying to get him on a 24" full sus he just needs to get bigger!

https://youtu.be/vBfukU3Xb64
    Michael

Ride on!

mtbr member
    Oct 2003

Beautiful summer's day ride in the Colne Valley, west of London.

mtbr member
    Jan 2003
    Last Wednesday we had a nice ride. Here is my youngest son, the older one went ahead because he was much faster :-)

Kind regards,

Clemens

mtbr member
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dc40 View Post
    Following my little man on his commencal supreme 24 today at Bryce Resort.

Nice! I don't suppose you have by any chance used the rental Kona Stinky at Bryce? I was wondering how the two bikes compare. The Stinky 24 is a pig...

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by tomson75 View Post
    Nice! I don't suppose you have by any chance used the rental Kona Stinky at Bryce? I was wondering how the two bikes compare. The Stinky 24 is a pig...
    No, but the Commencal Supreme 24 is a PIG too, I have done some upgrades to it, but it is still heavy @ 32 lbs. If I change out tire from DH w/ tubes and go with rocket ron tubeless could shave another 5 lbs.There is a kid that rides the KONA stinky that rips up there. The weight is not holding him back.

mtbr member
    May 2014
    No, but the Commencal Supreme 24 is a PIG too, I have done some upgrades to it, but it is still heavy @ 32 lbs. If I change out tire from DH w/ tubes and go with rocket ron tubeless could shave another 5 lbs.There is a kid that rides the KONA stinky that rips up there. The weight is not holding him back.

That's crazy...the Commencal website lists the 24 FS Supreme at 29.7lbs. I figured it weighed more though.

That kid is probably little Corey. His father runs Bike Patrol there (which I do as well). He's 11 and rips every trail there. He rides with my 10yo son when I can bring him up there...but he's not on Corey's level.

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by tomson75 View Post
    That's crazy...the Commencal website lists the 24 FS Supreme at 29.7lbs. I figured it weighed more though.

That kid is probably little Corey. His father runs Bike Patrol there (which I do as well). He's 11 and rips every trail there. He rides with my 10yo son when I can bring him up there...but he's not on Corey's level.
    Mine is not at Corey's level yet either. I am working on mine on the drops, slowly building his confidence. Then he will be able to hit all the runs.

he is running 2013, which came in stock at almost 37 lbs. I believe the 2014 and newer frames are not as beefy, so they were able to shave some weight. They also went with air shocks for front and back vs coil.

If I had to do it over again, i would have went with lil shredder because of weight.

We will need to meet up with you one weekend.. the boy and I have both have season passes.

mtbr member
    Jan 2003
    This week my youngest stayed home so I could adapt to the speed of my oldest son Thomas (12 years). We had a great ride of 34.5 km with a 8.5 km ride to the 15 km trail, thus not needing the car to drive up there. The weather was amazing but the track is getting too sandy.

If everything goes according to plan my youngest boy will have a Trailcraft bike and I am sure this will change a lot for his riding

Kind regards,

Clemens
    Last edited by Cinq; 06-11-2015 at 08:56 AM.

mtbr member
    May 2014
    Mine is not at Corey's level yet either. I am working on mine on the drops, slowly building his confidence. Then he will be able to hit all the runs.

he is running 2013, which came in stock at almost 37 lbs. I believe the 2014 and newer frames are not as beefy, so they were able to shave some weight. They also went with air shocks for front and back vs coil.

If I had to do it over again, i would have went with lil shredder because of weight.

We will need to meet up with you one weekend.. the boy and I have both have season passes.
    I work a third job up there as a bike patroller, and I bring my kid up there with me as often as I can. I'm working the race on Sunday, and the boy will probably go as well. I'll keep an eye out the for Commencal...with that color, it's hard to miss.

Bryce just got three of the new Trek Fuel EX Jr's to rent, and my 10yo got to be there first to take one out. He liked it more than the Stinky, claiming the lower weight as the best part. It's a pretty good looking bike. I'm still leaning towards getting him the new Kotori from Spawn if I can talk him into a hardtail. I like the Transition Ripcord and the Commencal for FS....but he likes the Trek, so we'll see how it plays out.

He was pretty confident on the Trek yesterday...started doing his first wooden features, and was clearing the tabletops on Brew thru easily.

Keegan's first run on the new Trek:

mtbr member
    My daughter has been on two wheels not very long, not quite a year. But we recently upgraded from a 16" inch Cleary to a 20" inch Cleary. She's been doing great with these light bikes. Went for a six mile paved trail ride as soon as we picked it up.

Attachment 995879

Attachment 995880

Attachment 995881

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Nice family bike day yesterday.

Took my recently 11 y/o son to some trails where my dad has been heavily involved with building for a number of years. First real ride on his first really sweet trail bike and finally on 26" wheels (also thanks to grandpa, who has gone 29). First time I really felt he truly enjoyed trail riding without a chairlift involved; usually I'm pretty sure he's just humoring me, but something clicked for him yesterday and I'm psyched. No trail pics, but the rig is pretty sweet.

Did a few miles of trail riding, then hit the adjoining pumptrack to meet up with my folks and aunt visiting from Austria. Had three generations out there messing around on bikes in the dirt, and even got mom into the act, at least for a pic.

Had a great time, went out together and chowed Mexican food, my son and I swung by the skatepark on the way home to finish out the day in style. Good frigging times I must say. (And I actually do have a right eye; I must've been blinking dust out or something in the pic )

Sinister Bikes
    Wraith Bicycles
    Sunday River Mtn Bike Park
    NEMBA
    Wachusett Brewing Co.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Kid's Mountain or Road Bike Ride Picture Thread-10521760_10206514499609743_796668886835067400_n.jpgKid's Mountain or Road Bike Ride Picture Thread-10671413_10205084791947945_3939115799814621076_n.jpgKid's Mountain or Road Bike Ride Picture Thread-11062779_10207401323179778_6112029839730279762_n.jpg

mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    !!!

Fat & Single
    My 8 & 9yr old's at Melrose. South Australia.

Trek 9.9 Superfly SL
    FM190 Fatty
    Indy Fab Deluxe 29
    Pivot Vault CX
    Cervelo R3 Disc

mtbr member
    Jan 2003
    Great pics and video's! Here is a video from me and my boys (12 and almost 9) riding in Italy, Livigno area:

https://youtu.be/yPevH7BHUbk

We rode down the red trail from the Passo di Valle Alpisella to Lago di St Giacomo di Fraele

There was a nice restaurant near the lake side where we had a plate of pasta before we tackled the next climb. In total we rode 42 km and climbed 1550 meters! Livigno is an amazing area for mountainbikers.

Kind regards,

Clemens, Thomas & Mathis
    Last edited by Cinq; 07-22-2015 at 12:25 AM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2003
    Back home, we did a lap on our local trail Geestmerambacht. A very nice meandering trail with nice berms, a few wooden obstacles and loads of rabbits!

In total the trail is 8 km, the ride overthere too so with the ride back it's 24 km, just right for a ride after dinner.

It was the first offroad trail Mathis did here in NL on the Trailcraft Pineridge 24 and it went very well. He managed to ride all the stunts and even rode down a steep hill he didn't dare to ride before on his 20" Hotrock. Livigno was a great (albeit hard) learning school.

Kind regards,

Clemens

mtbr member
    We moved to Connecticut and started racing. The kids love it and are doing well. These are my favorite pictures from the track.

My daughter in the blue, age 8.
    Kid's Mountain or Road Bike Ride Picture Thread-11741171_10155796753015282_10427139263965678_o.jpg

My son, age 6.
    Kid's Mountain or Road Bike Ride Picture Thread-11741262_10155796744040282_4774532406579490748_o.jpg

mtbr member
    May 2006

Custom Scott Spark 20 Junior build - end result

Hi

Here's a few photos of the custom Scott Spark 20 Jr that I built with advice from folks on MTBR and singletrackworld.com. It's for my 6 year old daughter (and then her younger sister).

I really need to finish a full build write up but in short, I started with an old, fairly beaten up second hand bike and after stripping it and giving it a new powder coating (with sparkle top coat!), and then spending more time and money on it than I expected, it now looks like this.

Kid's Mountain or Road Bike Ride Picture Thread-img_0073.jpgKid's Mountain or Road Bike Ride Picture Thread-img_0077.jpg

Spec summary

Cockpit:

Easton MonkeyLite SL bar (cut down a little)
    KCNC Flyride stem 50mm
    Poshbikes nitrile grips
    KCNC KR3 headset
    Carbon spacers

Suspension:

RST First Air 24" fork (modified to lower ride height)
    Risse Racing Astro 5 rear shock
    New bearings in linkages

Crankset:

Thorn 110/74 PCD Triple Solo Alloy Crankset - Silver - 140mm
    Middleburn 34T and 24T rings
    Shimano UN55 68mm x 113mm BB

Gears:

X9 triggers (running 2 x 9 set up at present)
    X9 medium cage rear mech
    XT top pull, 31.8mm clamp (took 3 models to find one that fits)
    Shimano SP41 & inner cables (frame modified to use full length outers)
    SRAM hollow pin chain

Brakes:

SLX levers and calipers (shorter hoses)
    KCNC 160mm & 140mm rotors
    M:Parts M10 black cable holder

Wheels:

DT Swiss 240s front 20mm hub with QR adapters
    DT Swiss 240s rear hub
    Alienation Deviant rims (32h)
    Mt Zoom MTB Ti Skewers
    XT 11 - 34 cassette
    Alienation rim tape
    Schwalbe Mow Joe 20 x 1.85 folding tyres
    Intense racing lightweight tubes

Seat & post:

Kokua (from like a bike) seat and post (soon to be changed to a Gobi XM and Thomson post as she needs a longer post)
    Seat post shim
    KCNC light weight QR

Custom stickers:

From gil@thecycleshed.co.uk

Current weight - 10.3kg

I might move to a 1 x 9 set up so that will hopefully get it below 10kg.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    I love it - not showing my kids they would be too jealous!

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    My 2 (7 & 9) riding the pump track at the Kalamunda Circuit in Perth, Western Australia

It was my daughter's second time offroad and first time on this bike & her improvement in the hour they spent riding in circles was huge

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    My 4 year old on some dirt jumps

mtbr member
    Jul 2015

My Son in the paths of the Abbaye d'Oka

Last edited by bikeb; 08-19-2015 at 11:32 AM.

Old, Slow and now FAT! :)
    Took my son (9) riding in Frisco, CO. The trail was beautiful. Unfortunately my son crashed. He dusted himself off and carried on. Then he crashed again on the same injury. That was the end of the ride. Still it was nice and he had fun while it lasted.
    Kid's Mountain or Road Bike Ride Picture Thread-imageuploadedbytapatalk1440018037.764567.jpg
    Kid's Mountain or Road Bike Ride Picture Thread-imageuploadedbytapatalk1440018052.779214.jpg
    Kid's Mountain or Road Bike Ride Picture Thread-imageuploadedbytapatalk1440018065.761140.jpg

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    This photo was taken when Nicholas got the bike. It's had a few upgrades from stock, Deity stem, seatpost, clamp, new pedals, and not in the photos are maxis holly roller tyres and a Mr Fire saddle.

Kid's Mountain or Road Bike Ride Picture Thread-nicholas-bike.jpg

mtbr member
    Jul 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfJUjyc7LHA&feature=youtu.be

The first descent of my boy with his new Opus Fever at SkiBromont

mtbr member

10km ride, 1200' of climbing/descending (a lot of hike-a-bike!)

Pretty impressed, especially by my 6 years old son... He's going tru rocks, mud and across bridges without fear... Hum maybe not so good!!

Kid's Mountain or Road Bike Ride Picture Thread-img_4358.jpgKid's Mountain or Road Bike Ride Picture Thread-img_4359.jpgKid's Mountain or Road Bike Ride Picture Thread-img_4360.jpg
    2015 Salsa Blackborow 1
    2013 Intense Spider Comp
    2009 Spec Tricross Sport

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    I love how my older son's BMX and trail riding is intersecting now. He's raced for 2 years and is now trail riding with some friends from his age group.

Said kid with baby snake out on the trail:
    Kid's Mountain or Road Bike Ride Picture Thread-e-mtb-8-15.jpg

Kiddo last night at the BMX track:
    ELEVATE CYCLES | FTW FACTORY RACING | ODI | NEMA | 661| AZONIC | SPY

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Nice rip!!!

That's awesome - made me kinda miss the racing days with my son.
    We're gonna have to squeeze in a few visits to the track this fall.
    Sinister Bikes
    Wraith Bicycles
    NEMBA
    Wachusett Brewing Co.

mtbr member
    Labor Day weekend ride. Our local BMX track crew on a mountain bike ride. Somehow we missed a kid in this photo. Kids ages 4 to 10. 8 kids, 4 dads, 3 hours of single track, jump line, then BBQ and pool party. What more could you want?

Kid's Mountain or Road Bike Ride Picture Thread-10686723_10153551807041894_8364066048493735365_n.jpg

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    My 11 y.o.having a good time on the intermediate jump trail at Thunder Mtn in MA yesterday.

Sinister Bikes
    Wraith Bicycles
    NEMBA
    Wachusett Brewing Co.

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    I have been on the RAC Ride Across California for a number of years. It take 5th graders from the border of California at Yuma to the beaches in San Diego. We also call it the River to Riptide. I have been doing it since 2006. My kids have continued by volunteering which allows me to continue as well. Last year was the 25th year anniversary a couple of random photosKid's Mountain or Road Bike Ride Picture Thread-sophiaerica2009.jpgKid's Mountain or Road Bike Ride Picture Thread-racstart.jpgKid's Mountain or Road Bike Ride Picture Thread-peaceout.jpg

mtbr member

CT Fall riding with the kids.

Took the kids riding in the CT woods today. Great fun.

Kid's Mountain or Road Bike Ride Picture Thread-img_0194.jpg
    Kid's Mountain or Road Bike Ride Picture Thread-img_0195.jpg
    Kid's Mountain or Road Bike Ride Picture Thread-img_0202.jpg
    Kid's Mountain or Road Bike Ride Picture Thread-img_0209.jpg

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    While I was loading up the ute for a ride yesterday, my son got impatient and decided to take "Ride what you have" to a whole 'nother level

Last edited by TheJesusfreak; 09-22-2015 at 07:19 AM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Love it

fried stuff with cheese
    A video and interview with my son and his friends riding at Highland on Pinkbike.

Video: The Young Rippers of Highland Bike Park - Pinkbike
    Egg

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Dude - AWESOME!!!!!!!

My boy needs to hook up with your bunch.
    Was that shot during one of their camps by any chance?
    Sinister Bikes
    Wraith Bicycles
    NEMBA
    Wachusett Brewing Co.

fried stuff with cheese
    Quote Originally Posted by slapheadmofo View Post
    Dude - AWESOME!!!!!!!

My boy needs to hook up with your bunch.
    Was that shot during one of their camps by any chance?
    Thanks!
    This was shot in early June so about a month or so before the camps started up. All four kids have progressed so far beyond this now its unreal. We would love to hook up. There is a growing group of groms there and they are always excited about riding with new friends.

Here are a couple of pictures of him from more recently.
    On Hellion
    Kid's Mountain or Road Bike Ride Picture Thread-ant-hellion-small.jpg
    Sherwood Forest
    Kid's Mountain or Road Bike Ride Picture Thread-ant-sherwood-small.jpg

Photo Credit: Amateur Cooperative
    Egg

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Just WOW!

Can't wait to show my son the vid and pics tonite. I think we're going to Thunder this w/e as it's much closer to home, but it looks like we need to get back up to Highland again sometime soon - great inspiration!
    Sinister Bikes
    Wraith Bicycles
    NEMBA
    Wachusett Brewing Co.

Old, Slow and now FAT! :)
    ^^^ Your kids are so much better than me already and I've been riding 23 years. LOL.

mtbr member
    Midweek afternoon ride with the kids and another riding family. Ages 4-8. My 6 year old decided that he wanted to be the photographer today. I just gave him the camera and then left him alone. He chose the B&W effect and took all the shots. Not bad.

Kid's Mountain or Road Bike Ride Picture Thread-mtb-9-22-1.jpg
    Kid's Mountain or Road Bike Ride Picture Thread-mtb-9-22-13.jpg
    Kid's Mountain or Road Bike Ride Picture Thread-mtb-9-22-7.jpg
    Kid's Mountain or Road Bike Ride Picture Thread-mtb-9-22-5.jpg

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    Here are two vids from yesterday's ride at Blue Mtn Resort in PA.

First vid following my 11 yr old down Miles of Smile:

Second vid is shorter following him down ewok village.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jStMCYMuwIo

mtbr member
    Oct 2015

My 4 year old on FS mountain bike MAD6

I love the bamboo bikes, Based on kids bike being pretty crappy, I also set about making a bike for my 4 year old daughter and got a bit carried away. I have posted a pic of her first race bike we called the M1 (or Mad1) things have developed and she has moved onto the MAD6 which has proven a triumph in being able to go for a ride and she now keeps up.

Dave founder of CarbonXScycles.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Kid's Mountain or Road Bike Ride Picture Thread-bike-shot.jpg  

Kid's Mountain or Road Bike Ride Picture Thread-2688%402x.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Hello

I would like to introduce you my project for my son. It's a very small 24" bike that can be ridden from about 6years or 1,15m. Like a 29er for kids.

In the meantime, I found a small german bike company that will actually sell this bike complete or frame set. The complete bike is equipped with full SRAM GX, full carbon fibre for or RST First Air. With rigid forks, the weight is only 8kg

I hope you like it!

If you are able to speak German, you can find more info here MAX - ein sportliches und leichtes Kinderbike - VPACE Bikes and here Neues 24" Bike von Max, VPACE und mir | MTB-News.de

Fat & Single
    Roadie stuff !!!

Posted their MTB's a while back on this thread, since that they have started doing triathlons and duathlons. So I picked up a 42cm roadie for $250 of bicycle buy-sell on facebook, great buy with Shimano 105.

So I took them to the outdoor Velodrome to learn how to ride it, brake and change gears... and started timing them. The fastest they can do a 500m lap on their Kona Shred MTB's was 1:25, they could belt around on the roadie in 52 seconds, that was 33 seconds quicker for 500m, the kids distance on the duathlon/triathlons is 6km ride, so a potential 6 minuets quicker on the little road bike for the ride leg of their dua/tri.

So I kept an eye out and picked up another one, a Giant TCR size 44-46 for $350 with Shimano 105 again.

Both bikes are full size 700c, I bought a couple of zero reach stems, dropped the seats right down and they fit beautifully. Got a bit of room to grow too... and the speed they are growing, wont be long till they are riding my bikes.

My boys are 9 & 10 BTW

Trek 9.9 Superfly SL
    FM190 Fatty
    Indy Fab Deluxe 29
    Pivot Vault CX
    Cervelo R3 Disc

mtbr member

20inch mountain bike custom built with long travel for my 7 y/o

Kid's Mountain or Road Bike Ride Picture Thread-img_1722.jpg This bike has 100mm front travel with 2.1 front tire, flat handlebar and front disc brake. My son can't wait till Sunday to ride it.

mtbr member
    Kid's Mountain or Road Bike Ride Picture Thread-img_1074.jpgJust finished up a 24inch Giant build fr my son, hitting the trails this weekend

mtbr member
    Awesome bike!

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast