Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    mtbr member

Re: Kid's Mountain or Road Bike Ride Picture Thread

Didn't realize there was a subforum just for our kids!!! Gotta find the rest of my pics from this season but here's what's in my phone atm. He's going to be 7 in a couple months. Had him on trails 2 months after his 6th bday which was 2 weeks after getting off training wheels (didnt know about afforded). Rides paved with me all the time too, we have an 8mile loop we do together. Trek mt60 off craiglist I revived into a perfect bike.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2
    Trek Marlin 29er

Like It, Love It, Want Some More Of It!

mtbr member

Kid's Mountain or Road Bike Ride Picture Thread

fun!

Kid's Mountain or Road Bike Ride Picture Thread-imageuploadedbytapatalk1370430267.688255.jpg

mtbr member
    Mar 2012

Quote Originally Posted by AKamp View Post
    He got tangled up again with a girl and went down...
    Probably wont be the last time he sings that tune!

mtbr member
    Jun 2012

My son and daughter learning to jump already says it's to small.
    My son's 6 and daughters 8

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Kid's Mountain or Road Bike Ride Picture Thread-uploadfromtaptalk1370514078699.jpg  

Kid's Mountain or Road Bike Ride Picture Thread-uploadfromtaptalk1370514182287.jpg  

passed out in your garden

Terrible day weatherwise, in my daughters race it hailed hard, rest of the day it just rained.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Kid's Mountain or Road Bike Ride Picture Thread-uploadfromtaptalk1370579990386.jpg  

Kid's Mountain or Road Bike Ride Picture Thread-uploadfromtaptalk1370580015003.jpg  

2012 Trek Rumblefish Elite
    Frankenbike (Pump/BMX track bike)
    1993 Colnago Elegant

mtbr member
    Nov 2005

dont tell me kids keep you back...

fantastic pictures everyone !!!.
    This is how we go biking...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Kid's Mountain or Road Bike Ride Picture Thread-tir-hresna.jpg  

Kid's Mountain or Road Bike Ride Picture Thread-tir.jpg  

Kid's Mountain or Road Bike Ride Picture Thread-prac-twins.jpg  

Kid's Mountain or Road Bike Ride Picture Thread-porac-brod.jpg  

Kid's Mountain or Road Bike Ride Picture Thread-jahodna-twins-geo.jpg  

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Petho! Wow! You deserve your own forum!

passed out in your garden

Quote Originally Posted by kuan View Post
    Petho! Wow! You deserve your own forum!
    And a medal, .............great work
    2012 Trek Rumblefish Elite
    Frankenbike (Pump/BMX track bike)
    1993 Colnago Elegant

Now older but less slow!

I took my daughter, who's 10, on my local biking trails. We have been riding the beginner trails at Valmont bike park but this was the first time we would ride "real" mountain bike trails.

She rode 15 miles and clocked up over 1100ft of climbing. We only walked two hills - most she rode. We also got into a section of rocky single track that was full of baby head rocks and I thought she would walk those but she did not! She was determined to ride and clear the section which is about a 1/4 mile long. A few foot dabs but she rode and cleared it.

Towards the end of the ride we got a surprise bonus! A couple of horse came to say hi on the trail. She loves horses and they were a great motivation for her to sprint up the last hill of the day.

Great way to start off my Father's Day weekend.

Snack stop.
    Kid's Mountain or Road Bike Ride Picture Thread-imageuploadedbytapatalk1371491690.960616.jpg

Kid's Mountain or Road Bike Ride Picture Thread-imageuploadedbytapatalk1371491738.055495.jpg

Pesky rocks and uphill sometimes stop ride
    Kid's Mountain or Road Bike Ride Picture Thread-imageuploadedbytapatalk1371491856.506199.jpg

After 12 miles still smiles.
    Kid's Mountain or Road Bike Ride Picture Thread-imageuploadedbytapatalk1371491983.389227.jpg

Horses and last hill of the day.
    Kid's Mountain or Road Bike Ride Picture Thread-imageuploadedbytapatalk1371492268.606059.jpg

PRETENDURO
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNormsk View Post
    I took my daughter, who's 10, on my local biking trails. We have been riding the beginner trails at Valmont bike park but this was the first time we would ride "real" mountain bike trails.

She rode 15 miles and clocked up over 1100ft of climbing. We only walked two hills - most she rode. We also got into a section of rocky single track that was full of baby head rocks and I thought she would walk those but she did not! She was determined to ride and clear the section which is about a 1/4 mile long. A few foot dabs but she rode and cleared it.

Towards the end of the ride we got a surprise bonus! A couple of horse came to say hi on the trail. She loves horses and they were a great motivation for her to sprint up the last hill of the day.

Great way to start off my Father's Day weekend.

Snack stop.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371491690.960616.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	205.7 KB 
ID:	808815

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371491738.055495.jpg 
Views:	290 
Size:	164.8 KB 
ID:	808817

Pesky rocks and uphill sometimes stop ride

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371491856.506199.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	163.7 KB 
ID:	808818

After 12 miles still smiles.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371491983.389227.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	161.0 KB 
ID:	808820

Horses and last hill of the day.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371492268.606059.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	208.3 KB 
ID:	808821
    I modified the crap out of my sonís ING-livery Marin 24" mountain bike. Only thing stock left on it is the frame (well duh!), seatpost, seat, and seatpost collar. Well-made frame. There should be picture of it somewhere within this thread, donít wanna spam everyone again. Instead, how about I spam it with a video of my boy riding up/down some technical stuff:
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given Brewtality too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...25309470134789

second "real" mtb ride on the Spawn Banshee
    Transition Bandit 29
    Surly Ogre
    Surly Necro Pugs w/ Lefty PBR
    Surly Big Dummy

mtbr member
    Nov 2011

Kids on bikes.

Took my boys up Royal Summit Sunday. It's the first time out for my little guy. The older one is my lil shredder. Another year or so and he is gonna be riding better than me.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Kid's Mountain or Road Bike Ride Picture Thread-image.jpg  

Kid's Mountain or Road Bike Ride Picture Thread-image.jpg  

mtbr member
    My 10yo daughter at Whistler.

10 yo girl at Whistler from B K on Vimeo.

10 yo girl at Whistler from B K on Vimeo.

mtbr member

Quick shot of my youngest (9) and I before we headed down The Flow up in Copper Harbor, MI. Just moved him up to the XS 26" bike this spring and he's loving the big wheels!

pedaller
    Way to go Petho! Love it! And LOVE this thread. A few more recent...

Time to ugrade the little one's (7 yr old) bike!

"Nobody ever told me not to try" - Curious George Soundtrack by Jack Johnson

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by dnlwthrn View Post

Love the color--what kind of bike is it????

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    I'm pretty new at single track myself but took my 6 year old out with me this morning to Cottonwood here in Vegas. I thought I would get a hard time from the regulars out there but everyone we ran into was supportive and encouraging.
    I think he rocked it for his first time out.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

mtbr member
    Similar experience when I take my 9 & 6 year old on ST... Lots of support

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    That is AWESOME. can you tell me what kind of trailer you are using?

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Entouragegeek78 View Post
    I'm pretty new at single track myself but took my 6 year old out with me this morning to Cottonwood here in Vegas. I thought I would get a hard time from the regulars out there but everyone we ran into was supportive and encouraging.
    I think he rocked it for his first time out.
    My 7 & 9 year olds always get heaps of praise when we are out on the trail. Make sure you return the favor whenever you get the chance. Kids love the "your ripping it, keep it up", or "cool bike!".

mtbr member
    Mar 2012

My son out on his inaugural ride on the new bike. Giant XTC 1x9 build for $150. Very nice ride.

Kid's Mountain or Road Bike Ride Picture Thread-imageuploadedbytapatalk1375572578.216813.jpg

mtbr member
    A couple shots from recent trips:

First up was a road trip to Copper Harbor, MI, back in early July. This is my 9 yr old and I before riding The Flow.

This last week we went out to CO and rode some at Granby Ranch. Photos of the fam cruising down Sweet Nancy. I'm going to start a thread later today with more photos and hopefully some video clips too.

Oh, and of course the obligatory pump track photo... The boys had almost as much fun on the pump track outside the lodge at Granby Ranch as they did on the XC and DH trails...

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    I have my 7 year old daughter to thank for getting back into riding after about a 9-year hiatus. She has had a bike since she was 3 starting with a 12-inch Trek Mystic then moving up to a 16-inch GT Scamp. Admittedly, she was hesitant and generally uninterested with shedding her training wheels. It wasn't until a couple months ago, one day in Sports Authority that she picked up the picture 20-inch Diamondback Tess and started riding it around the store. Impulsively, without research or hesitation, I bought her the bike. I wish I would have done more research and gotten her something lighter and better like the Novara and Marin but I was so thrilled that she had instantaneously learned to ride without training wheels, I didn't care as long as she loved the bike. Since then we have logged well over 100 miles sticking to mostly paved and wide gravel trails with occasional visits to a local mountain bike park. In the process I upgraded my 18-year old Trek 8700 carbon mountain bike for a new GT Karakoram 29er and am looking forward to many years of riding with my baby girl all around Beautiful Colorado.

Kid's Mountain or Road Bike Ride Picture Thread-20130716_175334.jpg

rebmem rbtm

Group Ride to the Waterfall in PQ Canyon

16, 20, 24 and 26 inch wheels. Good times.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Kid's Mountain or Road Bike Ride Picture Thread-group-ride-pqc.jpg  

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Just joined this forum and have so many photos and videos I would like to show.

However I will be restrained and just do the most recent one. A short clip of my 2 (and three quarters) year old enjoying the short pump track section of our local dirt jumps. Even though he has been riding his pedal bike (no training wheels) for almost 11 months he still likes to play on his balance bikes. They (yes he has two...) are much lighter and easier for him to handle on the fun stuff.

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast