Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    My kid loves both road and dirt, and watches racing early in the morning with me. A few weeks ago he got his first 20 mile ride; his reward was a jersey from his favorite team. He later got to meet them in Aspen, getting autographs from Basso, Duggan, Nibali, and a chance to hang out with Ted King. Last year we were at the top if Indy Pass in the midst of all the madness.

He gets a 24" MTB for Christmas, so it's good he doesn't read this forum.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Kid's Mountain or Road Bike Ride Picture Thread-img_1724.jpg  

Kid's Mountain or Road Bike Ride Picture Thread-img_1771.jpg  

Kid's Mountain or Road Bike Ride Picture Thread-img_1776.jpg  

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Stockli Boy View Post
    My kid loves both road and dirt, and watches racing early in the morning with me. A few weeks ago he got his first 20 mile ride; his reward was a jersey from his favorite team. He later got to meet them in Aspen, getting autographs from Basso, Duggan, Nibali, and a chance to hang out with Ted King. Last year we were at the top if Indy Pass in the midst of all the madness.

He gets a 24" MTB for Christmas, so it's good he doesn't read this forum.
    That is so cool. I bet he liked it just as much as his dad. Even got to hang out with Ted King, That would be a lifetime memory. Loved that last pic. Thanks for posting that.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Ted was super cool. What a nice guy and he really made my kid's day. The two days watching and experiencing the race were a blast for him, and now he lines up his matchbox cars at home and plays 'peloton'.

internet axe murderer
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayne View Post
    Ride yesterday
    Looks like a nice trail. I'm curious about the drop bars?

Courtney

mtbr member
    Oct 2011

test

test post

Falls-a-Lot
    Here's my rugrat on a break during a ride earlier this Summer on his Redline Conquest 24 CX bike. It was love at first ride.

He will also inherit my too-small-for-me F5 once my El Mariachi arrives.

We also have a Co-Motion road tandem that was purchased so that he could join his dad and I on road rides. He's done a metric century on the back of that bike at age 11.
    '11 Cannondale SuperSix 4 Rival
    '11 Redline Conquest Apex
    '13 Salsa El Mariachi 3
    '12 Salsa Mukluk 3

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    My kids both completed their first MTB race yesterday at the CAMBA Camp Manatoc MTB weekend in NeOhio.
    Pre-race photo:

Olivia finishing the U8 race:

Nick finishing the U12 race; some of those kids were Fast!! The kid with a 29er and a hammer jersey should have been a hint. He finished 7th, just behind a friend of his from school.

Bikes: Olivia's is a Trek MT60 stock other than changed to a 7spd freewheel with Shimano trigger shifters.
    Nick's started off as an XS Raleigh M60 which he stripped the paint off, components were swapped out as they broke/wore out so it's now mainly 750XT with a Fox 80mm fork.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Great thread! As soon as my post count is high enough, I will contribute pics of my little rider.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Or should I say pics of my 3 little riders?! Got my 4 year old son and 5 year old daughter out on the trail today for the very first time! I am so stoked!

My eldest, who is 9. He's alot of fun to ride with! His ride is a mostly stock Trek MT220 but I'm in the process of lightening it up. Can't say I can complain when I only paid $100 for it and was never taken in the dirt by the previous kid. Besides, I like tinkering.
    Last edited by JonnyScotti; 09-05-2012 at 02:17 PM.

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    My Daughter rides

mtbr member
    My daughter at Silver Star. She is 9yo.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Kid's Mountain or Road Bike Ride Picture Thread-img_0631.jpg  

Kid's Mountain or Road Bike Ride Picture Thread-img_0647.jpg  

Kid's Mountain or Road Bike Ride Picture Thread-img_0654.jpg  

Kid's Mountain or Road Bike Ride Picture Thread-img_0613.jpg  

Kid's Mountain or Road Bike Ride Picture Thread-img_0630.jpg  

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    ^

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Bike from REI plus triple chain ring = mountain goat!
    Crank arm length ended up being awkwardly long though. He loves the hill climbing ability.

When I saw this, I thought "OMG, where's my camera!"

Not all is rosy in mtbland though!

My oldest is 9. I made the Giant brass2 more xc trail friendly. Seems to work well.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Great pics GspotRider

passed out in your garden
    Quote Originally Posted by TigWorld View Post
    Great pics GspotRider
    +1
    2012 Trek Rumblefish Elite
    Frankenbike (Pump/BMX track bike)
    1993 Colnago Elegant

passed out in your garden
    the scenery, the colours, she's giving it some. and she is smiling (the important part)

2012 Trek Rumblefish Elite
    Frankenbike (Pump/BMX track bike)
    1993 Colnago Elegant

Belltown Brazer

Robinson SP in Agawam MA

The best place in NE for kids. A sweet 10 mile loop, and everyone had smiles the whole time. My 3 + a nephew. Ages 5, 7,10 and 11. Too much fun!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Kid's Mountain or Road Bike Ride Picture Thread-p9150752.jpg  

Kid's Mountain or Road Bike Ride Picture Thread-p9150757.jpg  

I am Belltown Bikes LLC. Steel bicycles hand made in East Hampton, CT

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Great pics guys. There are some really good one's. The kids look like they are having a blast out there.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Cuyuna trails, Minnesota.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Kona Jake 24. Ultegra level short reach brifters. Ultegra RD, 135mm SRAM Apex crankset, Brooks Swift Titanium, Thompson Masterpiece seatpost.

Red October
    Kid's Mountain or Road Bike Ride Picture Thread-imageuploadedbytapatalk1348419731.075489.jpg

My daughter tool her first real off road ride last night. She's 11, and she rocked it. She's got a semi bastard 1994 Fisher Hoo Koo in a size 11(!!!!), with a single up front, LX drivetrain, and the part I'm still sorting, she's got a BB5 disk in the front, but a set of ancient XT cantis in the rear.

She doesn't mind the cantis, but I'm OCD and I want to get a disk tab welded on the back so she can BB5 it up on both ends.

It's been super rewarding building it up with her, and now, riding with her.Kid's Mountain or Road Bike Ride Picture Thread-imageuploadedbytapatalk1348419991.688615.jpg

She's got some crank bro Candys but she hasn't quite got the dismount perfected on road, so I hooked her up with some nice platforms for a few weeks, then we'll revisit the clips.
    Bicycles are the physical manifestation of freedom
    fb me flickr

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    looks like a happy girl. Make sure you tighten that chin strap some before the next ride though!

Red October
    Quote Originally Posted by indianadave View Post
    looks like a happy girl. Make sure you tighten that chin strap some before the next ride though!
    You know it's funny you say that, I didn't notice how loose it was til posted that pic. When I did, I went and get her and made her snug her helmet up. I also realized I need to get her some eye pro. Her every day glasses are maybe better than nothing, but she needs some for riding.
    Bicycles are the physical manifestation of freedom
    fb me flickr

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Yea. I haven't found any good glasses for my girls. They've got gloves, but the only "sporty" glasses I've found are too dark, and they can't see well in the woods. Been told to look into shooting glasses.

mtbr member
    Kids just goofing off in front of the cabin learning to negotiate between dirt and pavement transitions. Daughter has a DB Octane 20" and son has a Trek Jett 16". I'm working on finishing restoring a Gary Fisher Cosmo 20" for my son which he will be learning to ride by this weekend.

We live in the mountains and have one of the worlds top premier freeride trails but it's not real condusive to kid riding so we have to pack up the truck and wheel out to find a length of trail that is somewhat flat comparibly and ride that spot for a while. When the kids get older and have a bunch of experience under their belts, (along with some full suspension bike's), they're going to really appreciate their backyard.

Oh & daughter wanted to show the bike she wants some day. Daddy's FSR.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Kid's Mountain or Road Bike Ride Picture Thread-navigating-dirt.jpg  

Kid's Mountain or Road Bike Ride Picture Thread-goofing-off-out-front.jpg  

Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast