mtbr member

Kenda K-Rad tires ok?

My local shop has some I was thinking about replacing the burly and heavy Specialized tires on his hotrock.
    Any feedback? I know they'll roll faster on the street and hopefully should be a good bit lighter, am I right?
    Hardrock 29er, Niner EMD9, Cannondale F29, Camber Expert, 650b Nickel all gone.
    2014 Giant Anthem 27.5 here.

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    You might try ordering some small block 8 tire.
    Riding slowly since 1977.

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by madsedan View Post
    My local shop has some I was thinking about replacing the burly and heavy Specialized tires on his hotrock.
    Any feedback? I know they'll roll faster on the street and hopefully should be a good bit lighter, am I right?
    They roll well. May not be lighter
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

mtbr member
    I used a pair of K-Rads 26" x 1.95", They were alright, but I switched to some Kenda Komforts recently.
    Finally rolling on 29" x 2.0" Schwalbe Big Apples

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    I had some on my cargo bike for a while when I needed some replacement tires and the small town LBS where I was only had them. My son also had them on his MTB for a while. I found they need about 85psi to roll reasonably well, which gives a harsh ride, and they weigh a lot.
    I sort of think they should replace the d with a p.
    Schwalbe Mow Joes are about a pound lighter and roll way faster. Small block 8 are a good alternative.
    I also like Big Apples for the road and for rocky or hard packed trails, but they have little traction in mud, and sand over hardpack.

Members who have read this thread: 0