mtbr member

Kenda K-Rad tires ok?

My local shop has some I was thinking about replacing the burly and heavy Specialized tires on his hotrock.
    Any feedback? I know they'll roll faster on the street and hopefully should be a good bit lighter, am I right?
    Hardrock 29er, Niner EMD9, Cannondale F29, Camber Expert, 650b Nickel all gone.
    2014 Giant Anthem 27.5 here.

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    You might try ordering some small block 8 tire.
    Riding slowly since 1977.

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by madsedan View Post
    My local shop has some I was thinking about replacing the burly and heavy Specialized tires on his hotrock.
    Any feedback? I know they'll roll faster on the street and hopefully should be a good bit lighter, am I right?
    They roll well. May not be lighter
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

mtbr member
    I used a pair of K-Rads 26" x 1.95", They were alright, but I switched to some Kenda Komforts recently.
    Saving up for a Yuba Mundo

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    I had some on my cargo bike for a while when I needed some replacement tires and the small town LBS where I was only had them. My son also had them on his MTB for a while. I found they need about 85psi to roll reasonably well, which gives a harsh ride, and they weigh a lot.
    I sort of think they should replace the d with a p.
    Schwalbe Mow Joes are about a pound lighter and roll way faster. Small block 8 are a good alternative.
    I also like Big Apples for the road and for rocky or hard packed trails, but they have little traction in mud, and sand over hardpack.