mtbr member
    Jul 2011

IslaBikes- Great customer service so far

After looking around and considering both a number of different bikes (and lightening projects!) as well as both 24 and 20 inch (my daughter is right in between), we decided to pull the trigger and get the IslaBikes 20" model.

I called them yesterday morning, placed the order and received a confirmation of shipping by 3pm. We are in Seattle, so they said shipping Portland to Seattle would probably mean it would arrive middle of next week. I looked up the tracking number this morning and it's actually out for delivery to our house today! So can't wait to get it set up this afternoon and get my daughter out on it over the weekend.

Will report back further once we get it together and some rides in.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by backinmysaddle View Post
    After looking around and considering both a number of different bikes (and lightening projects!) as well as both 24 and 20 inch (my daughter is right in between), we decided to pull the trigger and get the IslaBikes 20" model.

I called them yesterday morning, placed the order and received a confirmation of shipping by 3pm. We are in Seattle, so they said shipping Portland to Seattle would probably mean it would arrive middle of next week. I looked up the tracking number this morning and it's actually out for delivery to our house today! So can't wait to get it set up this afternoon and get my daughter out on it over the weekend.

Will report back further once we get it together and some rides in.
    ya i actually got to meet Isla and it nice to see a small company like hers being ran the best way she knows how. and she formed the company because she is a rider and all of her friends were always looking for good kid bikes. not only was she a rider, she was an engineer, so she created islabikes out of her passion for bikes and kids. its cool to meet people like that. she put her heart and soul into her bikes.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    What a great experience. The bike wound up on my front porch about 24 hours after I called. We put it together and my daughter immediately took to it and realized what she's been missing without gears! She rocks it out up the steeps now.

I wound up buying the 20 but now see she could have handled the 24, probably would have been a stretch for a month or so. But the good news is that my 4 year old got on the Islabike this weekend and he figured the gears out right away and so I think is ready for this 20" bike. In a couple months I'll grab my daughter a 24" and move my son to the 20".

Overall a great investment, both kids showed incredible skills development after just a few rides. For an out of the box experience, a light bike and great fit/geometry, these bikes are hard to beat!