Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Getting a 3 year old and 6 year old to school?

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  indianadave 
#1 ·
This is a bit of a crosspost from the Commuting forum.

Last year, my wife would drop off our 5 year old at school, with him on a trail-a-bike and our 2 year old on a WeeRide Kangaroo –- which sits on the cross-bar.

Fast-forward a year, and our now-3 year old is a bit too big for the WeeRide and we'd like to move him back onto a CoPilot style seat, which sits on a rear bike rack.

But to do that will obstruct the trail-a-bike from attaching to the seat post.

Has anyone else dealt with this? Given the car traffic, we're not ready for our 6 year old to ride his own bike to school yet. And we'd prefer to avoid buying another bike (though if anyone knows of a way to attach a trail-a-bike to the back of a cargo bike, I'd be interested to know about it).

#3 ·
I've seen people attach the Burly Piccolo to a Big dummy; a quick google search should show you other options. If you don't want to go the cargo route, and you don't want your child riding in traffic (good idea), then I'd go with IndianDave's suggestion... Trailer behind a piccolo.

From a left-field standpoint, something like a Periscope Tandem with a trailer might work as well, although that puts you back in "new bike" territory again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.