Havok

Cool-blue Rhythm Custom Kids bikes for Sale?

So I've seen all these awesome bikes a lot of you have built for your kids. What do you guys do with them once they are outgrown? We should have a Thread just for selling these custom builds so we can keep them on the trail. Post here if you've got one to sell. I'm interested.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    I'm battling with spending on customizations right now, I'll have 2 other kids coming behind my oldest, they may want different mods, its nice to customize it to the particular kid, really make it theirs. I envisage reusing some parts, selling out others, bringing the bike back to stock and selling it on then...

Havok
    Yeah, I was thinking that these bikes get re-tooled and reused a lot when they are custom built. My 4/yo was very excited to give his 12" to his little brother(2yo) when he hot his 16". So I can see these custom bikes being used to the fullest extent, I am curious what happens when you run out of kids to pass them on to. We should keep them in the community.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordan300 View Post
    We should keep them in the community.
    couldn't agree with you more ! There are some awesome projects out there. I particularly love to see the smaller bikes modded

turtles make me hot
    My son just stepped up to a 24" wheeled bike from a 20. The 20 is all tricked out with XT hubs, 8 speed trigger shift, XT Vee brakes...
    I asked what he wanted to do with it. Get this... He said he wanted to hold on to it so HIS son can have it.
    He kills me.
    I like turtles

Havok
    That's awesome, that means he knows how awesome that bike is. It's cool that he understands the value of what you've created.

turtles make me hot
    Yeah. He's cool like that. He tells everyone his bikes have handbuilt wheels.
    I like turtles

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    My youngest recently out-grew her 20" BMX converted to MTB. There was pretty much a list of people that I knew queuing up for that bike. It's so hard to get good kids bikes and even harder to get them without spending thousands.

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by TigWorld View Post
    My youngest recently out-grew her 20" BMX converted to MTB. There was pretty much a list of people that I knew queuing up for that bike. It's so hard to get good kids bikes and even harder to get them without spending thousands.
    Tig pretty much nailed. Usually easy to sell modded kids bikes as it doesn't take long to spend big dollars modding a bike yourself.

Havok
    Quote Originally Posted by xc71 View Post
    Tig pretty much nailed.
    I guess I'll just need to get started on my own. More fun that way anyway.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordan300 View Post
    I guess I'll just need to get started on my own. More fun that way anyway.
    Absolutely.