Thread: Cube Bikes

mtbr member
    Jun 2008

Cube Bikes

On the search for a resonable 24" bike. By that I mean lightish, a front fork that works for 20 - 30kg kid and good sizing.

Came across a Cube 240. Looks good in the pictures. I have been looking at Scott Spark 24, Merida Champion v and Marin Bay View as higher end kids bikes. Has anyone looked into the Cube bikes and can they tell me how the compare to the above bikes. Or have the brought a Cube and how does it go for the young ones.

I know I asked on another thread about double v triple chain rings and all the above have triples,but I'm thinking that they can all be converted.

Shane

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Doh. Should read Scott Spark

mtbr member
    Never heard of Cube, but I think you might also look at the Specialized HotRock FS in 24". They come in 11 & 13 inch frames and are good, relatively light, functional MTB's. Our son's on one.

local trails rider
    Cube is pretty big in Europe. Good value for money. They have a wide range of bikes from entry level to racing machines.

Can't say much about the kids MTBs, except I hear many have been happy with theirs. Depends on whether the offering meets your needs and wants.