Chariot jogging kit versability
I have one concern over jogging kits:
- single seatter: is cougar kit compatible with corsaire1 (2012 on),
- double trailer: is cougar2 jogging kit compatible with corsaire XL?
- double trailer: what is the difference between jogging kits for corsaire XL (until 2011) and corsaire2 (2012on)?
I can see from chariot we3b page, that they advise specific sets, and also have different numbers. This can result for only cuople of mm miss-alingment, ets.
In praxis: are sets compatible for all 2 seatting trailers or not?
Hello everyone (interested in this topic),
In this time, I've managed to gather some ifo about my above questions:
1) don't know yet, but I'am sure that somehow the same applies as in point below,
2) cts jogging set of cougar2 is impossible to put on corsaire XL (corsaire 2 from 2012 on). But in reverse, corsaire XL jogging set can be used on cougar 2 with small modification. Jogging wheel is clamped on two L shaped Alu dropouts. They are screwed on jogging arms. You have DIY two dropouts, that are 10mm wider each. Just inserting 10mm spacers wouldn't do, because you need longer QR axle. Maybie one drom rear mtb hub would do. Chariot could actually put two different dropout plates in a package for covering cougars and corsaire 2 seatting models.
Cougars on the other hand would have to be bend to the outside, practically impossible without specific profile bending tools. If you mount cougars arms onto corsaire and then insert a jogging wheel, you would have to bend arms to the outside. You might brake or damage wersawing plastic housings.
3) they,re the same.
cx1/ cougar1, oz. cx2/ cougar2?
Similar question as before, but for another trailer.
Is CX1 jogging kit swapable to cougar1?
Same goes for CX2/ cougar2.
I see what chariot suggests, but I'm not in to that. I would like to know in practice, if it can be used on both trailers - so actual test is required.
Yes/not - why not? Maybie with some restrictions, or small fix?
Anyone, who has a chance of testing this at friend/shop, this would be very helpful.
Thank you and keep cruisin' with your little ones.