mtbr member
    Jan 2005

Cannondale Trail 16 Single Speed

Surprised that I have not seen anything about the Cannondale
    Trail 16 Single Speed.

I saw one at a store and it seems pretty light and looks very well made.

anyone have one? Mods?

mtbr member
    Jan 2005

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Not on the uk site. Off to check US site.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Looks nice - shame about coaster brake though.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    yea, I have mixed feelings about that.

It is after all a 16"

I think I can add a hand brake so that he has both options.

CJH
    mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mjbrox View Post
    Surprised that I have not seen anything about the Cannondale
    Trail 16 Single Speed.

I saw one at a store and it seems pretty light and looks very well made.

anyone have one? Mods?
    Haven't seen one but I do have a Street 20 on order. There is an outside chance we'd order the Trail 16 for our younger son if the Street 20 looks to be a real high quality build.

Compared to the Hotrock 16 we already have, the Cannondale 16 has alloy bars, fork and seat post vs. the steel counterparts on the Hotrock. If the steel Hotrock parts are high tensile the weight savings could be significant.

When you say it seems pretty light, was that comparing it to other 16" single speed, coaster brake equipped bikes? If so, which ones specifically? I've basically looked at every 16" and 20" bike in town and none of them have impressed me much except for the BMX race bikes.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by CJH View Post
    Haven't seen one but I do have a Street 20 on order. There is an outside chance we'd order the Trail 16 for our younger son if the Street 20 looks to be a real high quality build.

Compared to the Hotrock 16 we already have, the Cannondale 16 has alloy bars, fork and seat post vs. the steel counterparts on the Hotrock. If the steel Hotrock parts are high tensile the weight savings could be significant.

When you say it seems pretty light, was that comparing it to other 16" single speed, coaster brake equipped bikes? If so, which ones specifically? I've basically looked at every 16" and 20" bike in town and none of them have impressed me much except for the BMX race bikes.
    It just seems pretty light compared to the crap the neighbors have. I also looked at the BMX stuff, but only used. My son is 4.5, so spending $300 is crazy enough. That said i also have a 6 month old, so he will get the bike as well.

Anyway, it looks like my father is going to get the Cannondale for my son for xmas, so that is going to be pretty cool. I am going to video the first time my son tries a pedal bike. He can rock the strider and can do the trail-a-bike for miles, so I think he will just take off

mtbr member
    Jan 2014

Seat (Lowest Position) to Ground?

It just seems pretty light compared to the crap the neighbors have. I also looked at the BMX stuff, but only used. My son is 4.5, so spending $300 is crazy enough. That said i also have a 6 month old, so he will get the bike as well.

Anyway, it looks like my father is going to get the Cannondale for my son for xmas, so that is going to be pretty cool. I am going to video the first time my son tries a pedal bike. He can rock the strider and can do the trail-a-bike for miles, so I think he will just take off
    Hi, I was also looking at the 16" Cannondale bike. Would you be able to tell me what the measurement is from the top of the seat in the lowest position to the ground? I know the standover height is listed on the Cannondale website, but I also wanted to get that seat to ground measurement which Cannondale doesn't provide. I asked Cannondale corporate and they told me to go to a LBS that has the 16" in stock, but my LBS doesn't have them in stock -- it'd be a special order.

Thanks in advance!

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by tommyreno View Post
    Hi, I was also looking at the 16" Cannondale bike. Would you be able to tell me what the measurement is from the top of the seat in the lowest position to the ground? I know the standover height is listed on the Cannondale website, but I also wanted to get that seat to ground measurement which Cannondale doesn't provide. I asked Cannondale corporate and they told me to go to a LBS that has the 16" in stock, but my LBS doesn't have them in stock -- it'd be a special order.

Thanks in advance!
    i cant since mine is a 20" Honestly, your bike shop should be able to call Cannondale and get them find out. If they cant, then then they have a poor relationship with cannondale or Cannondale is being a *****

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    i cant since mine is a 20" Honestly, your bike shop should be able to call Cannondale and get them find out. If they cant, then then they have a poor relationship with cannondale or Cannondale is being a *****
    Thanks for the reply. I was able to get the measurement from my bike shop. They say it's about 20".

rrl
    mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    just hit the trigger and got one for my kid. he is almost five and is 106cms tall. got it in black/Green. iŽll receive it in a week! saludos!
    facebook: smart bicycle