Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    mtbr member
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dcp_nz View Post
    Okay, now i'm very confused

^^^ does not look like the race 24" I am looking at at my LBS. The one here (and on c'dale website) has a straight top tube not curved like your image. I thought only street and trail versions had curved top tube but apparently not....
    Are there two versions? Different versions for different markets?
    Is that one of the differences between the medium and large frame?

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by bleumax View Post
    Is that one of the differences between the medium and large frame?
    I don't think so - LBS has both a med and large on the floor and to the best of my memory I'm fairly certain both have straight top tube. I admit wasn't really looking at that though so I stand to be corrected if it is.

mtbr member
    May 2014
    I don't think so - LBS has both a med and large on the floor and to the best of my memory I'm fairly certain both have straight top tube. I admit wasn't really looking at that though so I stand to be corrected if it is.
    Girl's version or 2013 model year, perhaps?

Cannondale Kids 2013 | Infinite Cycles Bike Shop

When I ordered my son's Race, the sales guy commented on how the frame geometry was different than the Street and my son could get another year out of it. He also said it was lighter than the Street. I took his comments with a grain of sale because I wasn't confident that he was knowledgeable about the Race since they don't keep it in stock.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Okay, now i'm very confused

^^^ does not look like the race 24" I am looking at at my LBS. The one here (and on c'dale website) has a straight top tube not curved like your image. I thought only street and trail versions had curved top tube but apparently not....
    Are there two versions? Different versions for different markets?
    My daughters race has the same bend in the middle of the TT and its a medium.
    I bet it's the frame size.
    13 Lenz Lunchbox punkass

Goat of Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoTone View Post
    My daughters race has the same bend in the middle of the TT and its a medium.
    I bet it's the frame size.
    I'm thinking so as well.

Two Tone, did you stick with the 152mm crank length?
    The BB is the same height as her 20" but her 20" had 140mm cranks and she has hit the pedals a few times on the road making a turn.

I've tried teaching her the fundementals of making a turn, inside pedal up, outside pedal down but of course she still was doing it

Anyway, correct length crank for for her 26 inch inseam is 145mm, she's going to grow so I thought about getting some anyway as her sister will grow into this bike.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by mountaingoatepics View Post
    I'm thinking so as well.

Two Tone, did you stick with the 152mm crank length?
    The BB is the same height as her 20" but her 20" had 140mm cranks and she has hit the pedals a few times on the road making a turn.

I've tried teaching her the fundementals of making a turn, inside pedal up, outside pedal down but of course she still was doing it

Anyway, correct length crank for for her 26 inch inseam is 145mm, she's going to grow so I thought about getting some anyway as her sister will grow into this bike.
    I am for now, not sure which way to go. She's pretty good with pedaling technique, I started that lesson even on their 12 inch bike- guess that's one advantage over a balance bike.

My son has the shortened cranks from Bikesmith design. I agree with you I have to do something. The front rings are garbage on any kids bikes. When I put on the shorten cranks for my son it was a night and day difference, it had Raceface rings with proper shift ramps.

So far I've done the bar- carbon and trigger shifters.

I'm trying to balance how much I do. My son I went all out because he is trying to wheelie, bunny hope, hits the ramps with no fear. She- not so much.
    13 Lenz Lunchbox punkass

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Looks to me like the medium frame is the same frame that's used on the Street 24. And then for the large, they are using a larger frame with straight top bar.

Love the black/green version. And the little girl riding is super cute!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4