mtbr member

The Cadillac of kids trailers arrived today

So my bike kid trailer arrived earlier today. All I gotta say is daaam. It's a Hamax Outback. It's a company in Norway. Long story short, I've been trying to get my eldest son (2.5yrs) to get into biking. And imo, the perfect way is to get him interested is rolling around with me. Anyways I've been combing thru craiglist and face book for a used one, then I realized how bad most of the ones are selling, are. I mean the seats suck, no cushion, no room, hell some had plastic wheels... then I started researching all brands, thule, burley, schwinn, etc. Then came across hamax. Impressed! Adjustable Suspension, sturdy, multi use, roomy, comfortable and huge storage space. The best thing was, my wife really liked it and I was able to get rid of 2 strollers, 1 side by side and the Bob running stroller as this pretty much did both, finally gotta little bit more space back in my garage, lmao. Wish I would have know this and planned it out, would have saved some money. Its rated to safely hold 88lbs and safely travel at 15mph. So if your in the market for one, check out hamax. Hope this helps those who were in the same dilemma as me.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    I forgot to mention... those running 148 boost thru axle sizing and cant find an adapter to haul these trailer, dont be frustrated.... pick up a Robert Axel Project thru axle.

Last edited by ChrisJTX; 6 Days Ago at 11:42 PM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007

And then this is the Ford Raptor...

If thatís the Cadillac, Then this is a Ford Raptor:

Tout-terrain Singletrailer:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SmnHuUysxVM

The Cadillac of kids trailers arrived today-d4a0aa59-49cb-47ac-b9dc-73ac1075f29b.jpeg

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Tjaard View Post

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D4A0AA59-49CB-47AC-B9DC-73AC1075F29B.jpeg 
Views:	27 
Size:	244.0 KB 
ID:	1216745
    I don't have miniature humans since they grew, but that is hotness!

mtbr member
    Yes, those Hamax trailers are very well made. We've met the fine folks running Hamax at Eurobike. Good people.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    The more I look at the Outback, the more it looks a derivative of the Schwinn Joyrider, or that is they share many traits. The Joyrider though has been around for a decade or more.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tjaard View Post

Name:	D4A0AA59-49CB-47AC-B9DC-73AC1075F29B.jpeg 
Views:	27 
Size:	244.0 KB 
ID:	1216745
    Lol yes it is.

turtles make me hot
    I had a Chariot Carrier Cougar when my son was small. Thing was pretty excellent as well and expensive too...
    Then I lent it to my brother for his small kids... He left it outside forever and destroyed it.
    I like turtles

mtbr member
    Thanks for the awesome recommendation! Hope your son is loving the bike rides now!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by HamaxUSA View Post
    Thanks for the awesome recommendation! Hope your son is loving the bike rides now!
    No problem. Awesome product! My 2yr old loves it! Just waiting for my younger son to get to the recommended age.

mtbr member
    Sep 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisJTX View Post
    No problem. Awesome product! My 2yr old loves it! Just waiting for my younger son to get to the recommended age.

Does this also convert to a stroller? That would be awesome.

We've been using a cheap target version I bought used from a neighbor, and frankly, it's a big ragged out although it's worked for many many miles so far, but I do feel it's time for an upgrade as the old one is truly falling apart.

Busting into a usable stroller is a must. I was reading that the Burleys have a problem of tipping backwards when in stroller mode and the child has climbed out while you have a diaper bag in the back behind the seats.

I'd love it if you put your hamax in stroller mode and then loaded your baby gear in it and see how stable it is without your kid in it.

I also saw the tout terrains.. those are stupidly expensive. I could suspend my kid from drones for less haha

My wife on the other hand really wants to try a hamax rack mounted seat.. I'm torn on the decision.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by UNAUTHORIZED View Post
    Does this also convert to a stroller? That would be awesome.

We've been using a cheap target version I bought used from a neighbor, and frankly, it's a big ragged out although it's worked for many many miles so far, but I do feel it's time for an upgrade as the old one is truly falling apart.

Busting into a usable stroller is a must. I was reading that the Burleys have a problem of tipping backwards when in stroller mode and the child has climbed out while you have a diaper bag in the back behind the seats.

I'd love it if you put your hamax in stroller mode and then loaded your baby gear in it and see how stable it is without your kid in it.

I also saw the tout terrains.. those are stupidly expensive. I could suspend my kid from drones for less haha

My wife on the other hand really wants to try a hamax rack mounted seat.. I'm torn on the decision.
    Hey, it does come with a stroller attachment. And its pretty easy to convert it to a stroller quickly. Definetly does not tip with a diaper bag, even with about 10-15lbs in the back, w/out a child present. (I'll try to get a pic when I have the chance.) I wouldnt load up too much wieght back there or leave it on a incline. Also it's a bit narrower then the side by side I sold, so it's easier to cart the thing through single doors. If your wife likes to jog and tote the kids, you can also purchase the jogger attachment; only downsides to that is the attachment is a bit long and is in a fixed position. I have 2 kids so I decided to get the trailer, if I had only 1 I would have opted for an attachment back seat. Hope this helps.

-Chris

mtbr member
    Hello! The Hamax Outback does convert into a stroller, using a 1-click easy attachment system. The stroller and bike trailer attachments are included with the product, and you can purchase a jogging kit and skiing kit separately if you are interested as well.

As for gear, the storage compartment in the Outback is inside the stroller, and located over the rear axle. This means you can fit grocery bags, diaper bag, sports equipment, coolers and more inside the stroller without worry of it tipping.

The Cadillac of kids trailers arrived today-beach-instagram.jpg

mtbr member
    Sep 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisJTX View Post
    Hey, it does come with a stroller attachment. And its pretty easy to convert it to a stroller quickly. Definetly does not tip with a diaper bag, even with about 10-15lbs in the back, w/out a child present. (I'll try to get a pic when I have the chance.) I wouldnt load up too much wieght back there or leave it on a incline. Also it's a bit narrower then the side by side I sold, so it's easier to cart the thing through single doors. If your wife likes to jog and tote the kids, you can also purchase the jogger attachment; only downsides to that is the attachment is a bit long and is in a fixed position. I have 2 kids so I decided to get the trailer, if I had only 1 I would have opted for an attachment back seat. Hope this helps.

-Chris

excellent thanks

I agree that with one child a seat on the bike makes so much sense. I think our back and forth concern is the exposure to the elements. Particularly the sun on those really hot summer days.

None of them are inexpensive, so owning both setups seems .. i don't know, over the top? who could say.

mtbr member
    Sep 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by HamaxUSA View Post
    Hello! The Hamax Outback does convert into a stroller, using a 1-click easy attachment system. The stroller and bike trailer attachments are included with the product, and you can purchase a jogging kit and skiing kit separately if you are interested as well.

As for gear, the storage compartment in the Outback is inside the stroller, and located over the rear axle. This means you can fit grocery bags, diaper bag, sports equipment, coolers and more inside the stroller without worry of it tipping.

Name:	beach-instagram.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	174.9 KB 
ID:	1217738
    Excellent. Thanks for this. I'd like to have a trailer AND a caress haha.. that would be ideal.