mtbr member

Bicycle Adventure with children

Now that it is winter and a bit off-season for cycling adventure you can take the opportunity to plan for the summer.
    A year ago, I began to plan a bicycle trip across Sweden, when my son heard my plans, he wanted to come too.
    I was thrilled, but knew he would not be able to ride all the way in a month. Then I changed my plans and we rode together from home to the southernmost part of the country, an adventure in 11 days and 560 km.
    With these words, I hope parents take the kids on an adventure together.
    If you are traveling as a target and adjust time steps after the baby so I can guarantee that you will experience something together that you'll never forget.
    If you want to read about the journey as it is on my blog that is written in Swedish but is easy to translate with a pat on the left. Look for the "Bicycle Adventure 2012" or "Cykeläventyret 2012"
    Now I am planning an adventure trip to Norway with my family (winter is plans and dreams season).
    My son is 10 years ..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bicycle Adventure with children-cykelhja-ltar.jpg  

My bad english because google translate, read more about me and my adventures on the Web: http://naraventyr.blogspot.se/

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    What an amazing adventure to share with your son!

PRETENDURO
    I am looking forward to doing a multi-day bike-camping excursion with my sons someday. My 8 year old seems to be ready for such a hard effort already, we go and do 20 mile rides together that involve 2 miles of technical rocky steep (10% average grade) terrain.

På Svenska:
    Jag ser fram emot att göra en flerdagskalender cykel-camping utflykt med mina söner dag. Min 8-åriga verkar vara redo för en sådan hård ansträngning redan, vi går och gör 20 mil åkattraktioner tillsammans som omfattar 2 miles av tekniska steniga branta (10% medelbetyg) terräng.
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given Brewtality too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    I have been taking my kids on adventures since they were little. They can do so much more than most people expect.

Rocky Mountain Hooliganz
    Quote Originally Posted by coldbike View Post
    I have been taking my kids on adventures since they were little. They can do so much more than most people expect.
    I agree...my kids push me to go harder!

mtbr member

Go for it!

”Sagwa”
    Yes a memory of a life that no one can take from us, and in fact so easy to do.

“Leopold Porkstacker”
    As you probably already know, can mood, energy and power vary from day to day, actually from minute to minute.
    I tried all the time to talk encouraging with my son and get him motivated, we stopped often to drink water and eat some nuts and raisins.
    Remember to make the adventure on your child's condition and try to see the surroundings through an 8-year-old eyes. Make the journey is the goal, and take one day at a time. You may indeed be psychological.
    Whatever happens, it becomes a shared adventure that will be worth the sacrifice.
    Go for it!

”coldbike”
    I certainly agree with you!
    Children often surprises when it comes to hiking / biking long distances in bad weather.
    My opinion is: If you believe your child so they can handle the adventure, but do not push them.

I tried to insert a slide from cycling adventure from JouTube here, but could not.
    But it's on my blog if you are interested in more (inspiring and compelling) images.
    My bad english because google translate, read more about me and my adventures on the Web: http://naraventyr.blogspot.se/