mtbr member

Anyone selling a decent 20" bike?

Looking at grabbing a nice 20" bike for my 7 year old (he is on the smaller side). Looking at spending somewhere in the 400-600 dollar range. Would like used as some of the home built bikes I have seen on here are much nicer than stock bikes from the bike shop (they are so heavy!).
    Things I would prefer. Trigger shifters, an air fork, or light rigid fork, and a decent wheelset.
    Getting the kids out of the house and on the trails. Just picked up a 2013 Cannondale Trail 24 for one of my daughters that I will be building up as we go. This bike will no doubt end up my 7 year olds when he outgrows the 20" which I can then pass down to my younger son. Buying 4 decent bikes gets expensive, but having them on easier to ride lighter bikes will no doubt enhance their experience, and just be more enjoyable. Thanks

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    I'll be selling my son' s 2014 Hotrock Pro 20 in a few weeks. It's basically stock with lighter Redline Microline crankset and BB and a 12-36 cassette. Not the lightest at 24lbs but the big cassette makes it much easier for my skinny 7y/o to ride. It came from Specialized with a 24" XCR Air fork w/LO

Specialized Bicycle Components

mtbr member
    Aggressor 20" Boys - Boys - Kids - Bikes

My daughters have the girls versions. $310 retail. 23 pounds stock. 7 speed drivetrain so you can get a shimano M310 trigger shifter for under $20. It's also one of the very few 20" wheeled bikes with QR hubs and a threadless stem. The fork is steel and heavy as is the bars. I went with some cheap off brand aluminum bars in their color of choice from eBay for pretty cheap too. I will try and weigh my younger daughters once it's all back together. Hers will have trigger shifter, aluminum bars, and a CK headset. Stock fork though