mtbr member
    Feb 2009

26" fork to 24" wheels brake adapter

Where can I find one of those 26" fork to 24" wheels cantilever or v brake adapters, been looking and haven't found one yet.

Thanks

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by wellcraft View Post
    Where can I find one of those 26" fork to 24" wheels cantilever or v brake adapters, been looking and haven't found one yet.

Thanks
    Such adapters have been manufactured in the past but I dont think there is an readily available source these days. Recall that it has been over a decade since high end MTB used rim brakes, not a huge demand for manufacturing such adapters these days...

Most of the 26" to 24" post adapters that have been featured on this forum are one-off custom machined design.

If you are using a full-length 26" fork, unless you have access to a machine shop it is probably easier to select a fork with disk mounts and run a 24" disk wheel so no post adapter is needed.

Alternative to a full length 26" fork is to shorten a fork by 1" so that the original post are in correct postion for a 24" rim.
    Suspension fork shortening

CJH
    mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by wellcraft View Post
    Are these what you mean? Neither site lists the fork leg diameter and both are in the UK.

Identiti Rebate Forks Brake VBrake Adaptors : Bikes | Mountain Bikes | Road Bikes| Winstanleys Cycles

PACE RC31 V BRAKE MOUNTING KIT - PACE Cycles Ltd

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by CJH View Post
    Are these what you mean? Neither site lists the fork leg diameter and both are in the UK.
    Those are intended to clamp around the legs of a rigid fork, the lower legs for suspension forks are significantly larger diameter and require an adapter that instead mounts on the original 26" location boss, see the custom 24" V adapter in thread;
    Scott Spark RC 24 with mods

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    I looked all over the web this winter for such a 26/24 brake adapter, but no luck. I'm (hopeuflly!) near the end of my disc wheel build, my boy is getting pretty anxious to get on the new ride.