mtbr member
    Jul 2011

2 and 3 year old riding

Hey All,

My 3.5 year started riding without training wheels when she was 3 and is now riding trails with me!!!

I also just got my 2.5 year riding with out training wheels!!!!! I can wait to get him on the trails.

My one complaint is it is hard to find good bike for there size. I would like to get them off a coaster break but I cant find anything small enough!

Just wanted to brag a little,

VERY HAPPY DAD!

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Congratulations! That is definitely something to brag about! And it's so much fun! You'll have to get creative to get them on the right bikes. My two year old rode a Redline Pitboss, with smaller tires, shorter cranks, lower bars, shorter stem, chopped seatpost, and swapped out gearing. It was a GREAT bike. My husband's coworker bought it for his daughter when we were done with it. Soon, we'll be buying it back for our new baby.

Our daughter is now 3.5. For her third birthday, we built her a 16" 3-speed MTB. We started with a Hotrock frame and went from there. I'll find a link to the build for you. There are several of us that have built a similar bike here and they work our awesomely well. She rides trails with us and just eats it up, begging for more.

Have fun with your little ones!
    7 yo BMXer/MTBer -modded 20" GT Stomper.
    2 yo BMXer -Haro Micro and custom 3spd Specialized.
    '97 Gary Fisher Aquila.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Thanks and congrats to yo on the new one... Please send the link...I just picked up a 16 hot rock soi would love to see the mods

mtbr member
    I am almost in same position age wise with my girls. I bought the 3 year old a Spawn Banshee. Its a Canadian company. Its a cool little bike. They also make a 14"

2 and 3 year old riding-imageuploadedbytapatalk1350135768.413381.jpg2 and 3 year old riding-imageuploadedbytapatalk1350135816.407885.jpg

I have made some changes only to help with traction and climbing