Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    mtbr member
    Bearings are always tight but part of this is because the wheel is designed for an electric motorbike which is heavier and will wear in faster.
    Slacken them and regrets and you'll be good to go.

Did you figure out how to get the part off so you can add the freewheel?
    If not stick it in a vice and it will turn. Make sure you put the correct side in the vice though
    MTB: Stumpy, Enduro, Hotrock, Commencal Supreme
    ROAD: Jamis Zenith, Pinarello Dogma

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by griffter18 View Post
    Bearings are always tight but part of this is because the wheel is designed for an electric motorbike which is heavier and will wear in faster.
    Slacken them and regrets and you'll be good to go.

Did you figure out how to get the part off so you can add the freewheel?
    If not stick it in a vice and it will turn. Make sure you put the correct side in the vice though
    Sorry for not being clear. I got the Dan's comp wheel for another project(Alex Z1000, non-disc), not a Oset. Leaning toward building with Trials hub for Disk. If OSET was $45 it would be no brainer but $100 shipped now.

Cheapo
    Waiting on my freewheel to get here so I haven't done anything with it yet. I'll slacken it up though. Didn't realize they were made for a motorbike.

Cheapo
    Man. I should have just bought this set and styled!

Black or white.

Cheapo
    I just realized I never posted a link.

Planet BMX

$70 for a pair of mags w/ freewheel.

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    A little late to this thread...but I went through the headache too of try to put a freewheel/disc brake setup on my son's hotrock 16" last summer. I ended up getting a pair of SunRingle sun light hubs, an ACS freewheel, Avid DB-3 hydraulic brake, and Avid 140 mm rotor. The front hub was 28h and laced right up. The rear hub was 32h but I skipped 4 holes evenly throughout on the drive side. The rear hub had the 35mm threading on one side and 30mm on the other. The freewheel went on the 35mm but I was out of luck when it came to a disc adaptor for the 30mm and I had yet to find a bracket for mounting the caliper. Heres were it got expensive. Taking more time than I will admit, I got the bracket and adaptor designed and machined. I put everything on, adjusted the lever back and sent my 4 yr old out on it...and he loves it!

If you want any more info I can try and help.

16" freewheel options - ways to do it?-img_1.jpg
    16" freewheel options - ways to do it?-img_2.jpg

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by lamplighter View Post
    A little late to this thread...but I went through the headache too of try to put a freewheel/disc brake setup on my son's hotrock 16" last summer. I ended up getting a pair of SunRingle sun light hubs, an ACS freewheel, Avid DB-3 hydraulic brake, and Avid 140 mm rotor. The front hub was 28h and laced right up. The rear hub was 32h but I skipped 4 holes evenly throughout on the drive side. The rear hub had the 35mm threading on one side and 30mm on the other. The freewheel went on the 35mm but I was out of luck when it came to a disc adaptor for the 30mm and I had yet to find a bracket for mounting the caliper. Heres were it got expensive. Taking more time than I will admit, I got the bracket and adaptor designed and machined. I put everything on, adjusted the lever back and sent my 4 yr old out on it...and he loves it!

If you want any more info I can try and help.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	214.1 KB 
ID:	959891
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	180.8 KB 
ID:	959892
    Just picked up a 16" HR for my son... I've been spinning my head researching options to install a rear disc and freewheel. Where did you get the rear brake bracket and how much did it cost ya?
    2015 Santa Cruz Nomad CC
    2014 Norco Sight 7.2 Carbon (retired)
    2009 Specialized Stumpjumper Comp (retired)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12