Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    mtbr member

Cool-blue Rhythm Is something EVIL.........CALLING?

Is something EVIL.........CALLING?-calling-1.jpgIs something EVIL.........CALLING?-calling-2.jpgIs something EVIL.........CALLING?-calling-3.jpgIs something EVIL.........CALLING?-calling-4.jpgIs something EVIL.........CALLING?-calling-5.jpgIs something EVIL.........CALLING?-calling-6.jpgIs something EVIL.........CALLING?-calling-7.jpg

Brown Santa (UPS) came a knockin' this week and delivered me an Evil "The Calling". It just makes sense for me, the way I ride and what I mostly ride. I went with a high-end build. It's not the lightest nor the heaviest (7.34lbs. frame alone). I just built it up last night, so only the street test, but if that's any indication....woohoo, KW was right. You feel like you stole it and have to ride it as a getaway.

The build was pretty easy. Might be easier since this is my 5th EVIL that I've built on my own, not too mention the few others I've built for friends. The seat dropper inner tube allowed for it to pop up vs. having to use a coat hanger. The Eagle DT was a little weird, but nothing I couldn't figure out. I used (2) spacers on the drive side of my SixC cranks to line up the built in chain guide. I am using the front wheel for both the Calling and the Insurgent. Would have used both wheels if it weren't for Boost. The Muddy Waters coat is like a primer (I'm sure it's not), so we'll see how it holds up!?

p.s. Yes a water bottle fits. It even fits the Specialized tool kit mounted to the bottom of the cage, but it will be challenging to remove the tool as it is right on top of the Monarch. You have about 3/4" of space below the cage, to the shock top, and the "normal" sized bottle with no problem.

Here's the build:

(M) The Calling - Muddy Waters
    Super Deluxe RC3 Debonair
    2016 Fox Float 36 RC2 - 150
    SRAM Eagle XO1 Drive Train
    I9 Torches laced to 40mm Carbon Derby Rims
    Maxxis DHF WT
    Maxxis DHR WT
    ENVE RSR Bars
    Chromag Ranger 50mm Stem
    Ergon GE1 Grips
    Shimano M820 Brakes
    XT 180 Rotors
    Race Face SixC Cranks
    ROTR BB
    Blackspire 32t Oval Chain Ring
    Gamut Podium Pedals
    9point8 Fall Line 150 Dropper Post
    Specialized Control Dropper Remote
    Specialized Phenom Saddle

29.38 lbs.
    "You don't stop playing because you get old, you get old because you stop playing!" - Unigeezer

mtbr member
    :green: w/ (insert your bar brand)

Sent from my kltedv using Tapatalk
    to err is human... to face plant is frickin hilarious!!

mtbr member
    Nice! Somehow I knew one of those would show up at your door. Looks great. Weighs almost exactly the same as my Endorphin.
    I'm sure it goes without saying, but let us know how it rides.
    I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth...
    Isaiah 58:14

www.stuckinthespokes.com

I fix choppers
    Quote Originally Posted by Dominator13 View Post

Brown Santa (UPS) came a knockin' this week and delivered me an Evil "The Calling". It just makes sense for me, the way I ride and what I mostly ride. I went with a high-end build. It's not the lightest nor the heaviest (7.34lbs. frame alone). I just built it up last night, so only the street test, but if that's any indication....woohoo, KW was right. You feel like you stole it and have to ride it as a getaway.

The build was pretty easy. Might be easier since this is my 5th EVIL that I've built on my own, not too mention the few others I've built for friends. The seat dropper inner tube allowed for it to pop up vs. having to use a coat hanger. The Eagle DT was a little weird, but nothing I couldn't figure out. I used (2) spacers on the drive side of my SixC cranks to line up the built in chain guide. I am using the front wheel for both the Calling and the Insurgent. Would have used both wheels if it weren't for Boost. The Muddy Waters coat is like a primer (I'm sure it's not), so we'll see how it holds up!?

p.s. Yes a water bottle fits. It even fits the Specialized tool kit mounted to the bottom of the cage, but it will be challenging to remove the tool as it is right on top of the Monarch. You have about 3/4" of space below the cage, to the shock top, and the "normal" sized bottle with no problem.

Here's the build:

(M) The Calling - Muddy Waters
    Super Deluxe RC3 Debonair
    2016 Fox Float 36 RC2 - 150
    SRAM Eagle XO1 Drive Train
    I9 Torches laced to 40mm Carbon Derby Rims
    Maxxis DHF WT
    Maxxis DHR WT
    ENVE RSR Bars
    Chromag Ranger 50mm Stem
    Ergon GE1 Grips
    Shimano M820 Brakes
    XT 180 Rotors
    Race Face SixC Cranks
    ROTR BB
    Blackspire 32t Oval Chain Ring
    Gamut Podium Pedals
    9point8 Fall Line 150 Dropper Post
    Specialized Control Dropper Remote
    Specialized Phenom Saddle

29.38 lbs.
    Very handsome and congrats. Now the questions...

• You had an Insurgent prior, yes?
    • Was the Insurgent "too much" bike for your day-to-day excursions?
    • or were you looking for something that was more spirited, better climber, faster, etc?

I've demoed the Following and the Insurgent and felt more confident on the Insurgent for my style of (or lack thereof) riding. Next year I will likely retire my current steed ('14 Banshee Rune V2) and replace it with a newer version of the same thing (yeah, I liked it that much) or an Insurgent. The Insurgent is the only bike I've demoed (I've ridden pretty much everything) since acquiring the Banshee that rivals it in all aspects. We'll see.

"Everything popular is wrong." -Oscar Wilde

mtbr member
    This: •or were you looking for something that was more spirited, better climber, faster, etc?

Let's call it "snappier"! I just feel that the Insurgent is an "Apache Helicopter" and I want something with a little less firepower. I, also, had a Following and regretted selling it, but this is a better substitute. I think that the Insurgent will get used, more than the Following would have if I had those 2, but this bike seems to be very capable and the fun factor should be through the roof.
    "You don't stop playing because you get old, you get old because you stop playing!" - Unigeezer

I fix choppers
    I just feel that the Insurgent is an "Apache Helicopter" and I want something with a little less firepower.
    Nice. I lean more towards wielding a Falchion or Battle Axe than a Katana, but you get my drift.

It has been suggested that one should ride the bike that suites them for the bulk of their riding versus something at the infrequent end of the of spectrum. On the contrary, I prefer to never want to feel that I am limited by the bike's capability when I reach that infrequent end. Then the rest of it may be taking a FN P90 to go duck hunting, but I like having the "firepower" when shiz goes sideways.

"Everything popular is wrong." -Oscar Wilde

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Sick build Dominator!

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Nice, my large muddy water should be here mid next week now !

I would be scared the Calling and the Insurgent kinda overlap ? The insurgent is obviously bigger, but not by much !
    French line enthusiast and expat in Denver

I like bikes, I really do.

mtbr member
    Took her out for a proper thrashing this afternoon. We are supposed to get hit with a deluge tomorrow, so I wanted to test her out before. It was still pretty wet out there from last week's storm, so I think it's going to be a bit before the area dries out.
    Is something EVIL.........CALLING?-imageuploadedbytapatalkhd1481766835.417253.jpg

Anyways, no surprises. I wasn't expecting to be surprised, one way or the other, so it was par for the course. Last week I rode Dude's SB5c V2. He thought it would be very similar to the Calling and it was. His being a bit small for me, but it railed and was fun as hell. Well the Calling was, as well. The things that stood out were the turns, felt way more over the front. I was ripping corners that I haven't ripped in a while. Suspension, very smooth. The shock/metric/trunion combo really is good. I'd say it feels better than the Insurgent with the 11/6. I'm not saying more capable, just feels better. No holding back, was the last thing. I never felt under biked, even through some pretty good high speed chop. The bike handled everything.

The overlap. I, too, was concerned that there was too much overlap between the two bikes. As of right now, I think it'll be fine. I am planning on using my Insurgent for bigger days...all the way up through bike parks days. I'm going to give the Insurgent a good run at being a bike park/shuttle/big hit bike. It really showed it's true colors in Retallack and on the North Shore this summer.

One ride only, but to me it's a perfect bike for what I ride 85% of the time. Completely happy with this one. I'll keep posting up reviews about things I notice as I get it more dialed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Sweet ! So how was it compared to the Yeti when it comes to pedaling hard ? Climbing, or out of a turn.
    Just asking because I'm not worried at all with the DH performance

mtbr member
    Oh yeah. The bike pedals just as well as the Insurgent, which is a great pedaler. I didn't climb a bunch today, but from what I could tell it's right on par with the best of them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Awesome, Dom, good for you! Please keep the reports coming as you settle into this "little" beast. I am very curious how it will directly relate to The Insurgent, of which mine just laughed at it's first 7 months of flogging. I've had Wreck remorse since the day I pulled the trigger but have let sanity prevail. The Calling may prove to be a real problem, though. I want one.
    Last edited by two6's; 12-15-2016 at 09:25 AM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    About the crankset, I'm always confused with the chainline thing. The Sixc has different values, maybe you have the 48.5 ? That would make sense you added one spacer to reach the 51mm chainline of the Calling ?

I have a Next SL listed @ 51mm, so If I understand this thing correctly, on the Calling, I'll only need one spacer on the drive side ?

mtbr member
    I will. I thought about the bike quite a bit after the ride. I thought the Insurgent was the "one bike" solution, with the X-Low and Low and it still might be!? However, it depends on how/what you ride. Most people that get an EVIL bike are on the more aggressive side of riding. At least, they should be because that's where these bikes shine, even the Following. The Insurgent has the ability to go on all day epics and taken directly to the bike park and you be would happy. The Wreckoning, as I understand, could handle everything at the bike park with a SEG and then you could take it on all of your trails and be fine. The Following is a trail monster. You really have a great bike between your legs for semi-aggressive trail riding, but when you start to get more into the gravity oriented realm, it lacks a bit of confidence inspiring travel.

This is where the Calling fits in. I now understand the name. It's "Calling" is to be one for all. You really do get the Following/Uprising playfull/sanppy/poppy-ness from riding this bike on the trail. You get the aggressive trail riding, all out let her rip through the ups and downs of the Insurgent...trail slaying ability. And finally, I think this is NomadCV3esque capable. If that makes any sense. Meaning, it is bike park capable. You could take it there and go through everything. You could hit big jumps with confidence, even though it's only 131mm of travel. That being said, it's not going to down right destroy a bike park like the Wreckoning or Undead, but I think it'd handle it.

Wreckoining: Bike park bike. Very Aggressive trail riding is it's sweet spot.....EARTH RAPER! Can trail ride on regular trails with ease. A bit too big for all day epics.

Insurgent: Very bike park capable. Amazing on jumps and anything that speed is needed, or wanted. Aggressive trail riding is also spot on. Will rocket you up and down any other kind of trail. Fine for all day epics.

Calling: Can take it to the bike park. Probably has it's limits, speed wise, through the big stuff. Aggressive trail riding is fine. Again, it's probably has it's limits, but really feels capable. Unreal trail feel. Feels like you need to go faster. Turns every turn into a blur. You feel like every straight away the wheel should be up in the air due to you trying to get more speed to nail that next turn and rocket through it. All dayer's are great for this bike. Go at it.

Following: Wouldn't really want to take it to the bike park. It could do it, but why? Fairly aggressive trail riding is okay, but it's a bit of a pucker. General trail riding is a blast. Fun, poppy and snappy. Bigger wheels don't turn as easy...at least for me. All day epics are kick ass on this bike.

These are my .02. There is no "One Bike", but EVIL has thrown a few punches at trying to get one.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Would you say they went steeper with the STA than the Following/Insurgent?

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    so, is the Calling the 27 version of the Uprising or Following?
    breezy shade

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by nhodge View Post
    so, is the Calling the 27 version of the Uprising or Following?
    Not sure if it's either!?

I took it out again yesterday and the dirt was unbelievable. It rained hard a few days ago, so I was expecting slop, but the high winds and freezing temps made the dirt as good as it gets. Rode the bike hard and was able to determine that it climbs better than the Insurgent (I had the Insurgent in X-Low). It rails the corners. I mean really rails them. And finally, just kicks ass on the DH. I never noticed, nor thought, that I was on a short travel bike. It could be the combo of a great bike and me riding Evil's for the past few years, but it was one of the best rides I've been on in recent times.

I can't compare it to the Following, because I never felt as confident on the Following. I can't compare it to the Uprising, because the length give you more stability. It definitely would be more like the Following for overall trail riding fun and flickability. More like the Insurgent for downright assaulting the mountain. The Uprising was an anomaly. I have never felt anything, except the Undead, that feels that way.

I'm not going out on a limb here when I say, this bike could serve the majority as their "one" bike.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Thanks for this, man! I've really had a feeling that this thing is THE bike. Gotta have one and gotta keep the Insurgent, too. Damn you, Evil!
    Last edited by two6's; 12-19-2016 at 05:55 PM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Not sure if it's either!?

I took it out again yesterday and the dirt was unbelievable. It rained hard a few days ago, so I was expecting slop, but the high winds and freezing temps made the dirt as good as it gets. Rode the bike hard and was able to determine that it climbs better than the Insurgent (I had the Insurgent in X-Low). It rails the corners. I mean really rails them. And finally, just kicks ass on the DH. I never noticed, nor thought, that I was on a short travel bike. It could be the combo of a great bike and me riding Evil's for the past few years, but it was one of the best rides I've been on in recent times.

I can't compare it to the Following, because I never felt as confident on the Following. I can't compare it to the Uprising, because the length give you more stability. It definitely would be more like the Following for overall trail riding fun and flickability. More like the Insurgent for downright assaulting the mountain. The Uprising was an anomaly. I have never felt anything, except the Undead, that feels that way.

I'm not going out on a limb here when I say, this bike could serve the majority as their "one" bike.
    alright, more than i was expecting. appreciate the direct comparisons
    breezy shade

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Great write up. How would you compare and contrast it to the Yeti SB5 you rode. Out of interest what didn't you feel was comfortable about the Following?

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Can anyone compare the ride of a Transition Scout to The Calling? The recent rise of these short-travel, "poppy" 27.5 bikes are really drawing my interest.

I ride with the intention of having fun rather than for pure speed.

Love my Ibis HD3, and also my steel Production Privee Oka hardtail, but I feel the itch for a short travel carbon bike

Any comparisons to other short travel carbon options would be appreciated too.

mtbr member
    Jun 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by greddyvox View Post
    Can anyone compare the ride of a Transition Scout to The Calling? The recent rise of these short-travel, "poppy" 27.5 bikes are really drawing my interest.

I ride with the intention of having fun rather than for pure speed.

Love my Ibis HD3, and also my steel Production Privee Oka hardtail, but I feel the itch for a short travel carbon bike

Any comparisons to other short travel carbon options would be appreciated too.
    its a smaller insurgent, that probably climbs better. The evils all kind of feel the same. They are super fun to ride. Just buy one, and don't think to much about it.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by olibluegoat View Post
    Great write up. How would you compare and contrast it to the Yeti SB5 you rode. Out of interest what didn't you feel was comfortable about the Following?
    I rode the SB5 once down a trail. The suspension felt great. It was way more flickable than my Insurgent. It was too small for me though. It felt the same as the Calling does. Not sure if it's as DH capable as the Calling, but my buddy rides it pretty fast and hard.

The Following just lacked that uber fast, techy, comfortable feel. Not sure if it was the travel or the wheels. I just know that I threw my leg over the Insurgent and sold the Following the next day. Now that I have the Calling, it was a good decision.

mtbr member
    Good write up on this bike Dom! You confirmed what I read in the numbers and how I feel about Evil's. I figured you'd be on this bike sooner than later.
    My take on a great two bike quiver would be this Calling as your main trail steed and either the Wreckoning or Insurgent depending on wheel size preference built burly for shuttle/ park days.
    I still really love my small Following for me and what I mostly ride.
    Do you still have your Undead?

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Hi,

I going to build up my 1st Evil bike. Getting the Calling but awaiting the availability of the size.

I'm reading that the boost spacing with the Wreckoning n Calling require spacers for the crank set. May I know if I go the way of Sram Eagle 12speed, do I still need the spacer?

I am also looking at using a Raceface Next SL crank to build it up as a 11speed as I might not need the 50t Eagle range, do I need a boost crank n a boost bb?

The bb n the spacer are a bit confusing to me. Please advise.

Thanks.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Would love to try the Calling. Absolutely love my Following though, so it would have some tough competition to beat. A shame its not got more clearance in the rear. Love the fact that on the new SB5 people have shown you can run plus tyres. Also a shame that they didn't get the frame slightly lighter. Seems heavier than the Following.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by revver View Post
    Hi,

I going to build up my 1st Evil bike. Getting the Calling but awaiting the availability of the size.

Thanks.
    It's available Received my large muddy water yesterday at the shop !

It will be running a Next SL crankser, I'll let you know if I have any issues with the chainline !

mtbr member
    Evil lists a 51mm chainline spec on the Calling, so a RF Cinch crankset should be spot on with one 2.5mm spacer under the drive-side cup - assuming you're using a RF ring. For the Boost Eagle crankset with a GXP BB you wouldn't use any spacers for a 73mm BSA BB and you'd have a 52mm chainline which would be fine.

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Hi Dogboy,

If I'm going to use the RF Next SL, I should order a boost 73mm boost bb from RF too? Or both boost RF crankset n boost bb? The spacer is bought separately? I'm actually planning to put a boosted AB oval chain ring instead of the RF ring.
    Sorry, really no clue on the crank n bb thingy, and the additional spacer.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dogboy View Post
    Evil lists a 51mm chainline spec on the Calling, so a RF Cinch crankset should be spot on with one 2.5mm spacer under the drive-side cup - assuming you're using a RF ring. For the Boost Eagle crankset with a GXP BB you wouldn't use any spacers for a 73mm BSA BB and you'd have a 52mm chainline which would be fine.

mtbr member
    Jun 2015
    Hi Dogboy,

If I'm going to use the RF Next SL, I should order a boost 73mm boost bb from RF too? Or both boost RF crankset n boost bb? The spacer is bought separately? I'm actually planning to put a boosted AB oval chain ring instead of the RF ring.
    Sorry, really no clue on the crank n bb thingy, and the additional spacer.

Thanks
    If you are not sure on the BB and Crank standards, why not call evil and get the exact part numbers needed.

Raceface Cranksets are all 51mm chainline to my knowledge. I am pretty sure you need this bb:

Race Face BSA 30mm Bottom Bracket > Components > Drivetrain > Press Fit | Jenson USA

in 68/73mm.

You can use any 51mm chainline crankset, and get a boost chainring.

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Snowsed, thanks. I will call Evil up to confirm once my frame reach, I don't stay in US thus a 13hour time diff.

In short, any 68/73 bb, RF or any 51mm chainline crankset and a boost chain ring?

Thanks.

mtbr member
    Jun 2015
    Snowsed, thanks. I will call Evil up to confirm once my frame reach, I don't stay in US thus a 13hour time diff.

In short, any 68/73 bb, RF or any 51mm chainline crankset and a boost chain ring?

Thanks.
    Has to be the RF BB that accepts 30mm spindle.

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    OK, thanks.

mtbr member
    The standard RF Cinch direct mount chainring gives you a 51mm chainline. RF does not make a Boost direct mount chainring.

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Hi Dogboy, really appreciate all the help, thanks.

I was think of fixing a Absolute Black Oval boost chain ring to the RF Next SL crankset.

ZEN RIDER!
    I'd be interested to know the comparison between this and the Mach6, especially considering the 1.34lb difference in frame weight.
    Life in every breath

mtbr member
    So Dom and I switched bikes for a pedal section and a DH section...he will voice his thoughts later I am assuming.

For the last few weeks I have been on the new SB5v2 and I have been pretty amazed by the bike - the switch infinity is pretty cool. I have been having a blast. Of course the Evil Calling comes out shortly after my SB5v2 ownership, which is the bike that I mostly likely wanted after the Uprising. As tempting as the Calling was, I was able to maintain control and wait until Dom built his up.

I did ride his in the parking the first day and it felt good, the rear suspension feel nice and plush, but poppy - ie fun!

Today, we decided to swap bikes and for me this was probably an expensive test ride

The first 2 things I recognized - 1) progressive suspension and 2) shorter chainstays. I think for the SB5 with shorter front center, its longer stays are balanced. Same with the Calling, the longer front center is balanced with the shorter chainstays.

The wheelbases are about the same. Dom is running a 150mm fork so it slackens the bike out a tad. However, it feels good. I noticed the SB5 being a tad twitchier when hopping back on it.

They both eat up the trail amazingly well. I do agree with Dom that the Calling is probably a bit more aggressive, particularly I feel with the suspension characteristics.

The Calling was definitely easier to manual. Normally, I am cautious when hopping on someone's else bike, but Dom's Calling felt very natural and just stuck with the guy in front for the descent.

Now subtle but important aspect between the frames. The SB5 seat tube is on the long side, it a tad long for me in running a 150mm dropper - though I have tried. My legs are too far extended and I prefer 150mm dropper. The Calling has a shorter seat tube and this could be the deal breaker for me and the SB5.

Last little tidbit, in reading the review by Fanatik bike, which was great. They said a few things that made me cautious of the Calling - basically that the Following was a bit more aggressive in eating up the trail and with the bigger wheels, the Following was a better all day ripper. Granted those guys can shred and have more skills than me, but I actually believe the Calling is a better bike. May be it is the 150mm front fork, but I found the Calling to be a great all day ripper. I prefer it over the Following.

In the end, both bikes are pretty amazing for the amount of travel they have. Our buddies on long travel bikes can't believe how fast we are riding them. I think the SB5 is a half of notch down in the aggressive realm compared to the Calling. The differences are subtle and depending on where and how you ride- one may be better than the other. I am looking into a Calling...we shall see...tick tock

Happy holidays everyone!!!
    Last edited by Dude!; 12-25-2016 at 10:23 AM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    I finished to build mine today, but I still don't know when the first ride will be.

Weighted at 30.5lbs (size Large) with the heavy Michelin tires, SLX pedals and Sram GX cassette. Plus a couple of other things where I'll go a bit lighter.

Is something EVIL.........CALLING?-p4pb14262493.jpg

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by xavierp View Post
    I finished to build mine today, but I still don't know when the first ride will be.

Weighted at 30.5lbs (size Large) with the heavy Michelin tires, SLX pedals and Sram GX cassette. Plus a couple of other things where I'll go a bit lighter.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	p4pb14262493.jpg 
Views:	255 
Size:	266.1 KB 
ID:	1112160
    Very nice xavierp!

ZEN RIDER!
    How's the Calling on tight twisty technical single track? CT that's a majority of our riding. Lots of up & downs with lots of rocks and ledge. I'm riding a 2011 Firebird and I'm tired of lugging around 170mm & 34+lbs of travel on the ups. I'm not a spring chicken any more.
    Life in every breath

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Mt.Biker E View Post
    How's the Calling on tight twisty technical single track? CT that's a majority of our riding. Lots of up & downs with lots of rocks and ledge. I'm riding a 2011 Firebird and I'm tired of lugging around 170mm & 34+lbs of travel on the ups. I'm not a spring chicken any more.

Wondering the exact same thing. I live in Michigan and how you described your riding is exactly like what we have. Love my Ripley but am looking to add a 27.5. Had a Mojo 3 this summer and just never feel in love with it. I am currently looking at:

1) Yeti SB5C
    2) Evil Calling
    3) Santa Cruz 5010
    4) Pivot Mach 4
    5) Rocky Mountain Pipeline

Having a real hard time deciding between these 5 bikes.

mtbr member
    That is a beautiful machine.

Does anyone know if the Calling has the same chain slap issues as the Insurgent or are the chainstays closer to the Following?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by theressteve View Post
    That is a beautiful machine.

Does anyone know if the Calling has the same chain slap issues as the Insurgent or are the chainstays closer to the Following?
    It looks like it will have the same chain slap issues as the Insurgent. However, it is easily silenced by some window tape foam.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by flipnidaho View Post
    It looks like it will have the same chain slap issues as the Insurgent. However, it is easily silenced by some window tape foam.
    wouldn't window foam tape work better?
    breezy shade

mtbr member
    Where's a real world picture of the Angry Dolphin color? Love that shade...

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

wheelie king
    Is something EVIL.........CALLING?-calling-heist-16-6-16-01.jpg

mtbr member
    The Santa Cruz tallboy 3 should be on that list. I put a 2.6 nobby nic on the front of mine and it's fast both up and down.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Thanks for the writeup Dom.

Could you speak to your impressions on sizing and your decision to put 150mm fork (as opposed to a 140) on it.

I ride Demo and Skeggs mostly and am tempted to get one of these.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    wonder if you could slap the delta rocker from the calling on an insurgent to run the trunion mount super delux shock?

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast