Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    mtbr member

Why no sub-section for United Kingdom!?

Here in the UK is a huge Mountain Biking scene... One which I think rightly justifies that the UK has a main sub-section in this forum - like the various US states or the other countries listed. I can't figure out why it hasn't? (Perhaps there's a reason that I'm not aware of).

Organisations such as IMBA recognise the quality of the UK riding across locations such as Wales or Scotand. We have also held some very successful racing on these shores...

Anyone else agree? And how do we go about getting a 'subsection' posted?

mtbr member
    BECAUSE YOU SUCK!

Nah, I don't know! that is a good question, email the mods and lets get some new areas. Separate European countries might be nice too.
    Mint condition Marzocchi 66RC for sale (170mm) pm to make an offer!

Ride in Japan? Come to the Forums!

banned
    Best to put it in the Site Feedback section. There's a large contingent of UK riders here. Additionally, I was thinking about asking if a section for Germany-Switzerland-Austria and surrounding countries might be feasible as well. Lots of Germans or riders from nearby here, along with Americans and other English speaking foreigners here.

mtbr member
    Thanks for the considered views guys... appreciated : )

Mod's if you're listening out there??? Any comments or views?

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    i have just joined today. ordered a kona kikapu 9 2007 bike new from a site. it was pretty cheap at £452 compared to other sites. i'm happy not to have spent too much on a newer bike because i'm just a beginner. Maybe a UK section will be good along with other countries. I'm new so don't know how many UK people there are however

mtbr member
    Hi Minhdinh, welcome from a fellow Brit! I'm from down south on the South Downs. It's good to hear you've got the bug. Sounds like you got a great deal on the bike - hope you enjoy riding loads and feel free to ask anything here

Cheers : )

Ride the dream
    It would be awesome if we had our own section.

banned
    A couple of us have posted for a German-Austrian-Swiss (and surrounding area) forum. Several Americans in German-speaking countries and nearby are on board. I threw an addition to the proposal that it can be used, along with the calendar, to help put together events, or keep an eye on races. Additionally, since we can travel freely, we can keep an eye on rides in nearby countries and possibly even help arrange combined rides.

Now another idea was brought forth to make something of a "combined" European section, which could help.

An additional focus could be for those stationed overseas, as well as now-residents of European countries and offering advice and other stuff on processes involved with living here with natives available to help. Deals, good shops, good trails, passion pictures, and anything else can be included.

mtbr member
    That sounds like excellent progress... great job : )

slap-tanker
    I'm from the UK and was initially disappointed that there is no special UK section in this forum. Since then I have found and joined a UK based forum and mainly use that for bike stuff. However, this forum does have an extra special Scott owners section that the UK site doesn't. This is the only reason I keep coming back (and the hope that, one day, we UK riders will be considered worthy enough to be awarded our own section).
    In the UK? Try these routes in the Peak District:

http://www.brassington.org/new_site/...ike_routes.htm

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    what forum are for the uk plz?

slap-tanker
    I joined BikeRadar, but there are several others. Try a Google search.
    In the UK? Try these routes in the Peak District:

http://www.brassington.org/new_site/...ike_routes.htm

~Disc~Golf~
    When you say a·lu·mi·num correctly and learn to spell 'tires' I think you'll have a better shot at getting your own section.
    haha - kidding
    Good Luck -
    Honestly... ahh I give up

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by highdelll
    When you say a·lu·mi·num correctly and learn to spell 'tires' I think you'll have a better shot at getting your own section.
    haha - kidding
    Good Luck -
    I'm a fan of steel frames personally, but then the colour (color) is more important lol

Ride the dream
    Interesting crack...

I guess we shall speak our own language how we like, and you can speak our language how you like too

~Disc~Golf~
    Quote Originally Posted by markw1970
    I'm a fan of steel frames personally, but then the colour (color) is more important lol
    haha...that's a spelling that I like to use...It makes colours sound fancier

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Probably because mtbr is a US company. I travel around the world and every time I try to find riders in the "other areas" I usually come up short.

I recommend googling. I like the idea of breaking it down into sub regions. I am guessing the individual countries wouldn't fly because there would be so little traffic that it would probably never "get rolling."

Like one of my favorite quotes, "nothing attracts a crowd like a crowd."

I usually go to http://www.mtbuk.co.uk when I am headed to the isle.
    Austin Mountain Biking and worldwide travel pictures:

http://www.austinbike.com

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by EnglishT
    Interesting crack...

I guess we shall speak our own language how we like, and you can speak our language how you like too
    yeah the uk invented the ENGLISH language and then some mad americans tell us we have it all wrong. Go get your own language. lol. only joking

yeah a UK section would be cool.
    [SIZE="4"]2008 Spesh P.1, Hope mono M4's[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="3"]Kona CoilAir[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="2"]Marin ??[/SIZE]
    Prev
    MountainCycle SanAndreas
    Orange MsIsle
    Orange o2

banned
    There's now a "Europe" section.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Defiantly gotta have isles British section! and maybe chopping up bits of Europe won't be a bad idea either…

While on the subject of UK trials…. Anyone here know a good one on the southdowns???

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePigeon
    Defiantly gotta have isles British section! and maybe chopping up bits of Europe won't be a bad idea either…

While on the subject of UK trials…. Anyone here know a good one on the southdowns???
    Depends what sort of riding you're looking for... If you google Southdowns Way, you'll see there's a huge network of bridleways from Winchester across to Eastbourne. Some good riding if you fancy some off-road distance.

You could also head over to Leith Hill in Surrey, or if you wanted something more 'trail centre' like, pop over to Swinley Forrest or Queen Elizabeth Country Park (both areas are quite short, but some good riding to be had).

Enjoy!

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    just dug out the old OS map.... gonna hit he downs way at amberly and make it up from there.... lol. but ill be shore to check out that place in surrey.

cheers,
    Joe

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by highdelll
    haha - kidding
    Good Luck -
    We do and we use the syllable tit in titanium,

(only the english will get that)

also a joke of course

~Disc~Golf~
    ^^^^????
    dood, ya gotta elaborate... for us country bumpkins

*edit... you don't mean using a 'short' "i" vs. a 'long' one...?
    even so... "tit....anium" is funny

7am Backcountry ;- )
    +10 vote for UK section!

UK home of Hope - much loved by everyone on MTBR
    [SIZE="1"][SIZE="2"]i can't ride for sh*t but i'm good at extreme pushing[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast