Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    7am Backcountry ;- )
    Still no UK subsection
    [SIZE="1"][SIZE="2"]i can't ride for sh*t but i'm good at extreme pushing[/SIZE][/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    you might have to split that into regions aswell. there are lots of worthy destinations popping up all over now. i cant decide between north or south wales or whinlatter on my next visit.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    I'm American living in Wales...Yup...there definitely needs to be a UK section. Wales is SICK for riding. Especially, all the unmarked 'local' trails. I use singletrackforums (dot) co (dot) uk for everything I need.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    The above address doesnt exist. Do you mean: singletrackworld.com/forum/

Noobie
    Just joined today, cant believe these damn yanks....they must think that the euro area is a tiny place and we can all share the same section.

Anyways...I'm from darn sarf in Portsmouth, ride a Felt Complusion 2 amongst others

mtbr member
    oooh look at us in here... We have some of the best MTB trails all over the country, between Scotland, England and Wales and Ireland..... best places to get the best out of any MTB you ride...

Come on let us have our own section.......
    Live to Ride Ride to Live

mtbr member
    Mar 2012

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead!

Another vote for a UK section please!

Swedetarded
    There is only a handfull of UK specific threads on the Europe forum. Would that tell the mods that there really isn't a need? Perhaps, start posting more in the Europe forum and there will be a greater need to have a UK specific space?

(trying to help)

Ride the dream
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbigisbudgood View Post
    There is only a handfull of UK specific threads on the Europe forum. Would that tell the mods that there really isn't a need? Perhaps, start posting more in the Europe forum and there will be a greater need to have a UK specific space?

(trying to help)
    Bang on, imho.

Nothing says "subforum needed" more than a huge messy thread full of (relevant) tangents and multiple topics linked to a single core issue.... Except perhaps too many relevant, small threads clogging up existing boards.

Get a "UK thread" going full of uk related trail news, videos, advice/recommendations and just general stoke... if it gets big enough, they might consider giving us a seperate board - and even if they don't, it'd still be nice to have that thread going.

As things stand right now, there isn't enough UK-relevant content on this "Europe" board for it to be worth browsing regularly to check - so I don't (is this the same for others?).
    If we start up a general-purpose "UK thread" and post whatever we think is relevant, then we get notifications (in the UCP) that there's something relevant here to look at - imho, that's probably the best way we could get some more UK-centric bike conversation going (short of checking/browsing the europe board regularly, which we probably won't do because we know there's nothing much here that we want to see).

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    I'm in the UK too and often frequent these forums as a guide.

Going to start posting more and hope to see a UK section soon

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Anyone on here from the North west?

mtbr member
    Build it and they will come. +1 for UK section. Doesnt feel right posting in europe section...

Ride the dream
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign2Rider View Post
    Build it and they will come. +1 for UK section. Doesnt feel right posting in europe section...
    Chicken or Egg?

If we want our own sub-section, we probably have to post more in the relevant section (europe).

Until/unless the "europe" board is so full of UK-related stuff that it becomes difficult to find threads about elsewhere in europe (necessitating a split) there simply isn't much point in them giving us an independent board.

Personally, I'd favour a big-UK thread purely because notifications would make it easier to see that things have been posted that I might want to see, but if UK threads actually start getting made I might visit the europe board more often.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    My two penneth, for what it's worth is that the UK should have their own board with the necessary sub-sections for the major riding areas i.e. Wales, Scotland, South Downs, Dartmoor, Lake District etc.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    a UK forum woudl definitley make the site more attractive, i come here to read the reviews and look at nice pictures but rarely contribute as there is no real section for the UK.
    would come on more if there was

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Feel free to join us here lads / ladies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi all,

We have recently set up a facebook group called FACEPLANT so that we can organise day trips, weekend epics and pissups easier.

Its open to everyone and we welcome beginners providing you have a safe level of competence on a bike. We have a range of skill levels onboard. Ages currently range from 22 to 48 so done be put off.

Take a look, have a read, get involved..........tell your mates !

Click here - Facebook

mtbr member
    For Scotland try Trailscotland. Loads of good stuff on there.
    Phillip

1994 Cannondale F900
    2013 Pivot Mach 5.7
    2013 Cotic BFe

mtbr member
    I'll be back in the UK mid-August, would be good if we could get a sub-forum up & running!

Quote Originally Posted by WizzBang View Post
    Just joined today, cant believe these damn yanks....they must think that the euro area is a tiny place and we can all share the same section.

Anyways...I'm from darn sarf in Portsmouth, ride a Felt Complusion 2 amongst others
    Hello matey
    Ridin' & Diggin'

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Agree: Please make a UK forum!

toscano
    Quote Originally Posted by markw1970 View Post
    Here in the UK is a huge Mountain Biking scene... One which I think rightly justifies that the UK has a main sub-section in this forum - like the various US states or the other countries listed. I can't figure out why it hasn't? (Perhaps there's a reason that I'm not aware of).

Organisations such as IMBA recognise the quality of the UK riding across locations such as Wales or Scotand. We have also held some very successful racing on these shores...

Anyone else agree? And how do we go about getting a 'subsection' posted?

I agree but I think it is not necessary to focus on a country or groups of countries according to the language spoken as someone wrote. It might be interesting to divide threads for each country so everyone can easily find what they need.
    "main sub-section in this forum" is a good idea if it applies to everyone, not only if it is worth to someone. Traveling you will have seen, I hope, that every country has something beautiful.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    UK section please
    Pennines/ East-Manchester area if anyone's around!
    Ade

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    We definitely need our own uk section

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    +1 for a uk section. just joined this forum but also frequent singletrackworld most of the time..

mtbr member
    Would be great to have a UK only section, however there's very little activity in the Europe section , build it and they will come? perhaps, suppose it all depends on wether the admin think it's worth the effort of creating and moderating just incase, any Costners in the admin crew?

As for the language thing, we took the English language across the big pond and left it there, it was us ourselves the changed it/ French-ified many words, Like color/colour, color is the original word in the English language, not colour.

As for aluminium, 'A loo' opposed to 'Al you' is fair enough, but there is another i in there my American friends , and it's not silent, try and keep up ;-)
    I scurry away with my hardtail between my legs

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    +1 for a UK section!

I lurk here a lot but would probably post more if there was a UK section.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast