mtbr member
    Oct 2011

Where to ride in and around Frankfurt?

I am currently living in Frankfurt, I am having a rough time trying to find either single track or non manicured trails to ride around here.

I know there are some trails about 2 hours away but most of the time that is to far to travel due to my work schedule.

I would like to find something 30 minutes to an hour away to ride.

Anyone that lives near or in Frankfurt have any suggestions?

Thanks.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    The stairs down into the U-Bahn are starting to look like a good idea for some excitement at this point.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by brannonsmith View Post
    I am currently living in Frankfurt, I am having a rough time trying to find either single track or non manicured trails to ride around here.

I know there are some trails about 2 hours away but most of the time that is to far to travel due to my work schedule.

I would like to find something 30 minutes to an hour away to ride.

Anyone that lives near or in Frankfurt have any suggestions?

Thanks.
    Here's a couple trails listed on the MTBR Trail Review. The third link is for Trail Reveiws all around Germany. If you really get bored check out the KMC Cycling link in my sig block...Happy Trails!!!

Frankenstein Germany Trail Reviews

Kleine Feldberg Runde im Taunus Germany Trail Reviews

Germany Trail Reviews

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Thanks for the suggestions, I was actually looking at riding the Frankenstein trail this past weekend, but the more I looked at the pictures I could find it seemed to be mostly road or manicured trails.

Hopefully in Jan when I get back I will have some time to make it out to a few of these places.

Do you currently live in Germany, if so how far from Frankfurt are you?

Thanks.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by brannonsmith View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions, I was actually looking at riding the Frankenstein trail this past weekend, but the more I looked at the pictures I could find it seemed to be mostly road or manicured trails.

Hopefully in Jan when I get back I will have some time to make it out to a few of these places.

Do you currently live in Germany, if so how far from Frankfurt are you?

Thanks.
    I'm just outside of K-town, 1.5-2 hours from Frankfurt, on the edge of the Pfälzerwald where the Single Track seems to never end. The F-Trail is within riding distance from my house...check out the KMC Cycling Forum link below...

It may be to late to sign up but this is a must ride in Apr 2012:

Gsbockbiker

Also, if you do some research on these site's you may find some good Trails in your area:

GPS-Tour.info

GPSies.com - GPS, Tracks, Trails, Tours, Converter: hiking - walking - running - skating - cross skating - handcycle - cycling - racing bike - mountainbiking - motorbiking - enduro/quad - cabriolet - car - nordic Skiing - alpine skiing - randonnee sk