Thread: Vilseck Germany

mtbr member
    Dec 2012

Vilseck Germany

I just recently got moved to vilseck and i have been wanting to get back in to riding but before i make a decision on which bike to get i wanted to know what trails are around me or in the Nuremberg area.

thanks

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Some easy trails, som rocky trails with alot of roots. Within 80km You can have all:
    In the North: the Fichtelgebirge and the Steinwald: Die Lettenbrueder - Freeride und Downhill im Fichtelgebirge
    East: some trails near the czech border
    South/West: good trail is the Erzweg Der Erzweg - Der Erzweg

Due to the terrain variations I would prefer a fully with 120mm to 150mm travel.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    thanks the bike i was looking was a FS with 150mm travel

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    is there any here that rides near the Nuremberg area? I am new to germany and would really like it if there was anyone or a group that rides in this area until I get familiar with the area.

thanks

mtbr member
    Pnaples,
    We have a bunch of riders in Hohenfels. Good trail riding on post as well. We do go to nurenburg as a group often. Trails are right behind the zoo. We also make it to the bike parks....of course when the weather turns. Around march time frame we start riding.
    Andre

mtbr member
    May 2007
    is in Vilseck still the OTV-Cup race? I was there a few years ago. There were 150 participants. It was great!

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by pnaples92 View Post
    I just recently got moved to vilseck and i have been wanting to get back in to riding but before i make a decision on which bike to get i wanted to know what trails are around me or in the Nuremberg area.

thanks
    I'm starting my research as to rides in the same area next year when I visit family near Gera. Let me know how the scene is. Thanks.