mtbr member
    Mar 2010

singletrack in Tuscany?

I will be in Italy this August, specifically Tuscany. I have found a bike rental shop at ecorent.net in Pisa. Is it worth it and is there any singletrack, preferably close to Pisa and/or Lucca and/or Florence? If so, where can I find info? And do mtb's have a lot of trail access in Italy or are there a lot of restrictions?

I do recall reading something about good riding in the Monte Pisano area between Lucca and Pisa, but I have not been able to find further info on singletrack routes.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Bump this - I have a free day in Florence in May and would love a chance to sample some local trails.

SpoK Werks Handmade Goods
    I'd say either contact my buddies the Los Lobos (the Italian singlespeeders) or Darren Crisp, an American frame builder who lives in Tuscany. Both are searchable on Google.

That's where I'd start. If that doesn't work contact me via IM and I'll see if I can help you myself.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    I live in Pisa and ride every WE in Monti Pisani tracks, both Pisa south side and Lucca north side.

Im not allowed to post any link so if you are interested I can give you in PM
    link to the tuscany sub forum of the most important mtb forum in Italy

link to Monti Pisani sub forum

link to some tracks from the 2011 mtb race in Monti Pisani with GPS data, and picture and video

Many GPS data tracks

I leave Pisa on 14th August for sea hollyday so if possible, before I can give for free my 2nd mtb full suspension 18 size and of course guide you on the tracks.
    For any other question just asks.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    sorry but i realized that i cannot send link and also PM becouse I wrote less then 10 post.
    send me in PM you mail

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Hello,
    I too would appreciate any links to learn about riding in the region. I'll be in Italy with the family on vacation in July and are looking for great places to ride, both single track and downhill. Thank you for any advice you can provide.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Fariello View Post
    Hello,
    I too would appreciate any links to learn about riding in the region. I'll be in Italy with the family on vacation in July and are looking for great places to ride, both single track and downhill. Thank you for any advice you can provide.
    Hi,
    Here in Italy we have a very popular mtb forum with regional sub forum, but I'm not allowed to post any link or private message because I've sent less then 10 posts.
    You may write me your e-mail but I don't know if it's a good -thing there in Usa because the other guy never sent me his own ...
    So tell me how to do

JRA
    mtbr member
    I'm hoping to visit as well in Sept this year. Maybe you could just spell out the web address?

JRA
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1 Speed View Post
    I'd say either contact my buddies the Los Lobos (the Italian singlespeeders) or Darren Crisp, an American frame builder who lives in Tuscany. Both are searchable on Google.
    Thanks for the suggestions. Tried both.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by JRA View Post
    I'm hoping to visit as well in Sept this year. Maybe you could just spell out the web address?
    Try: mtb - forum . it / community / forum
    then scrol down to: meeting point - incontri per uscite in mtb
    then click in Sotto-Forum the region you wish.
    Maybe this work

JRA
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by arius View Post
    Try: mtb - forum . it / community / forum
    then scrol down to: meeting point - incontri per uscite in mtb
    then click in Sotto-Forum the region you wish.
    Maybe this work
    That works ... unfortunately my grasp of Italian is less than zero.

I do appreciate the info.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by JRA View Post
    That works ... unfortunately my grasp of Italian is less than zero.

I do appreciate the info.
    Well: that's why with links to specific post it was easier..
    Don't worry my number of posts here is growing: number ten is closer...

Try to write there a post: you will get an english answer..

mtbr member
    May 2007
    @JRA
    sent you a message in your public profile.

JRA
    mtbr member
    Thanks, arius! Found a couple folks on the mtb.it forum who offered to show me some trails around Florence.

kingcharles
    May 2012
    hi, did you have any more luck with finding any trails in tuscany, im heading there over the summer and would love to get a days biking done, i would like to go to a bike park with lifts or shuttles working, i havent been able to find to much really, closest place seems to be over 2 hours drive away, i thought tuscany being a huge area of hills, mountains, countyside that there would be endless trails and parks, finding it hard to find any?anyone any suggestions for me

mtbr member
    May 2008
    I'm reviving this old thread in hopes that one of you found some great riding in Tuscany area and can give me some ideas on where to go and what to expect. Looking to rent bikes and do some riding within a couple hours of Florence for a couple of day trips. Single track would be fantastic, but even double track with nice views would be cool. I'll also post on the mtb.it forum and see if any locals will take pity on a dumb American with no Italian language skills.

mtbr member
    Jan 2014

Hope cycling in tuscany

Hello everybody, if somebody of you is interested in cycling in Tuscany I let myself to make everybody know this website of mine where you can find some info about Montaione, a nice location for biking in Tuscany. I hope it helps.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Heading to Lucca this summer for a couple of weeks and will have a day (hopefully 2) to do some riding. Can anyone recommend a bike shop where I can rent a decent bike? Maybe hire a guide? Thanks

psycho cyclo addict
    The link was very helpful thank you for posting it.

Not sure I will make it up that far on my trip in October. Can you recommend intermediate to advanced mountain bike trails from Rome or South of there?
    【ツ】 eDub 【ツ】

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by edubfromktown View Post
    The link was very helpful thank you for posting it.

Not sure I will make it up that far on my trip in October. Can you recommend intermediate to advanced mountain bike trails from Rome or South of there?
    try here, a lot of trails (and gps):
    Home - MTB-Forum.it | Itinerari

or write to here, (people which live in region of Rome, Lazio):
    Lazio - MTB-MAG.com | Mountain Bike