Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Nov 2010

Riders in Germany

Hey all, i am looking for bikers in germany as to be honest im finding it hard to find any serious riders, i ride anything so thats no problem!

to be honest anyone over here that wants to ride i would love to meet up with, i know this sounds like a love ad in the back of a newspaper but dont be affraid... i dont bite haha

anyways anyone who is coming over here on a trip or lives here and fancies a ride hit me up!

Dan

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    how long time will you spent for this trip?
    my blog- A mountanin bike fans ,thanks for visiting

mtbr member
    We ride year round on all types of rides at all different riding levels!!!

Check us out:

http://www.kmccycling.com/

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    I am located in Ansbach, Germany and am really excited about doing some more snow riding, that is when I bet my new bibs and shoe covers, which should be here in a couple of days at the most. I am a semi serious rider, so hit me up if interested.
    obi12o@aol.com

mtbr member
    I just PCS'd to Schweinfurt, Germany and I'm looking forpeople and/or groups to ride MTB with. Been finding some sick places to go to. Would like to have someone to ride with.

mtbr member
    Check with ODR, they should be able to point you in the right direction. I know we're a little bit a drive from you but we do have some folks who have lived in your area... check us out at:

Schweinfurt is close to Grafenwoehr, Hohenfels, Ansbach and Bamberg where the USAREUR MTB series is scheduled to be held...

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardtail87
    I just PCS'd to Schweinfurt, Germany and I'm looking forpeople and/or groups to ride MTB with. Been finding some sick places to go to. Would like to have someone to ride with.
    I am moving to Wurzburg this summer and looking for some local riders.. Both road and Mtb.. So if you have any good trails to recommend in the area let me know! I think its only about 40 min by car from where you are located..

How is the riding in the area by the way? Never had my bike with me on my visits so far but took a weekend down in the alps and rounds some great xc riding

mtbr member
    I haven't been able to ride yet cause of all the inprocessing. Not to mention them putting me on CQ shifts on the weekends since I'm new to the unit. Not cool at all. We have a 4 day weekend and im only on shift one day so I'm making it priority to go riding this weekend. There are great trails everywhere just I haven't been able to experience any of them yet. I'll keep you updated.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkem
    Check with ODR, they should be able to point you in the right direction. I know we're a little bit a drive from you but we do have some folks who have lived in your area... check us out at:

Schweinfurt is close to Grafenwoehr, Hohenfels, Ansbach and Bamberg where the USAREUR MTB series is scheduled to be held...
    Had I known about the series I would have not signed a dwell time wavier for my next deployment in this summer. I could have raced until Nov when my dwell time was up

mtbr member
    I stationed in Schweinfurt as well with 9E. The trails up by Schiesshaus are fun but much better trails are over by the Sylvana. Some awesome singletrack in the area!
    I ride faster than I should...

mtbr member
    Rubicon I'm with 1/77 FA on Ledward where are you at? We need to get together. I don't know if your have any other riders with you here in Schweinfurt but deff if you don't we can motivate each other to train properly... Send me a message with your # an I'll get in contact with you. Ride safe ...

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Hey, im living in ostfildern & im from the uk, im an serious all rounder having done an couple of grand trophee events im no stranger to pain infact i can't live without it.

If your looking to push yourself to the max & beyond with an smile look no furthur

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Good to hear, though u may be a bit more advanced than i was looking for. How far are u from Ansbach exactly?

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Hallo, ostfildern is 164km from ansbach making regular training, conditioning runs difficult to impossible. i am however looking for an buddy strong enough to push me on the road with atleast 75% of the route (110-190km) around 27mph (+36mph flat spikes) with atleast 3000mtr min (accent/decent), i reflect this on mountainbiking/cyclocross desireable.

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Great Thread...I'll be arriving in Landstuhl in July....I lik the kmccycling website....

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by majorbanjo
    Great Thread...I'll be arriving in Landstuhl in July....I lik the kmccycling website....
    Look forward to riding with yah...

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    perhaps you might want to check out the german counterpart of mtbr

http://www.mtb-news.de

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Before I leave the states for Germany is there anything bike specific I should bring that would be easier to get here.....?

I've got a road bike and mountain bike I'll be bringing.....

mtbr member
    You can get anything you need right here or through the mail. If I were to do it again I would have brought a good maintenance stand...they just want to much to ship them and the prices are a little high on the economy...just my 2...

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by majorbanjo
    Before I leave the states for Germany is there anything bike specific I should bring that would be easier to get here.....?

I've got a road bike and mountain bike I'll be bringing.....
    Oh yes, you should get a Mojo HD, which I can buy from you, frame is just too expensive here.

Other than that, you can get everything here, too.

http://www.bike-components.de/ and http://www.hibike.de/
    are good online shops and shipping from crc is free to Germany and no taxes of course.

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkem
    You can get anything you need right here or through the mail. If I were to do it again I would have brought a good maintenance stand...they just want to much to ship them and the prices are a little high on the economy...just my 2...
    Good to know; I just bought a park pcs-10 repair stand back a few months ago...thanks...

mtbr member
    Just FYI. I think right now USPS is your best bet if you need to ship something over from the US. I need to get a few things shipped over here so I priced it out with the big names DHL, Fedex, UPS and USPS. I was surprised to see that USPS blows the others away price-wise.

I could ship a 12 x 12 x 18 box that weighs 15lbs for about $70 which is about $100 cheaper than the other guys. Checking more bags would probably be more economical, but if you forget something, I think this is a decent way to go.

On a side note, I'll be getting my XC and DH gear soon (but no bike), so if you guys do any riding near places that rent bikes, I might be down for a weekend ride. (sounds like some of you are hardcore calorie counting, heart-rate monitoring xc racing enthusiasts. I probably wouldn't want to slow you guys down. I can't hang with racers. I'm just looking for some adrenaline and exercise )

mtbr member
    I just paid $48 to have 29er frame sent over with USPS. Pretty good, concidering the alternatives...

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    I just picked up a Trek Fuel Ex 5 from my local bike shop......not a lot of Trek love on this board....but test rode it and loved it.....Uncle Sam will be shipping it over for me at no cost....:-)

mtbr member
    Hey all. I'm heading to Belgium to ride at filthy trails this weekend. Its a FR/DH park with no lift. It does have some cool features, though. www.filthytrails.be I have no bike or lid or pads. Just shoes, shorts and gloves right now. I'll rent a bike, a lid and pads when I'm there.

Anyway as of now, I'm flyin' solo for saturday and/or sunday. Just wanted to see if anyone would be interested in coming out! Shoot me a PM of you'd like to meet up!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast