mtbr member
    May 2008

Mountain Biking in Switzerland

I'm planning a Europe trip with my buddy and we'll be driving around France, Italy, Switzerland and possibly Germany. He's not a biker but I might try to get out for a ride to explore the Alps at some point. How's the biking at Interlaken? Are there any trails around Geneva that are easily accessibly via public transportation?

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    You could go to Portes du Soleil (50 km to Geneve): 13 resorts, 560 km of downhill trails...the best bike park in Europe!!!!

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Great, thanks!! I'm going to look into this. I definitely hope I can hit it up!

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Or you can go to Zermatt. They don't have a park but beautiful alpine single trails.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Most of the ski resort and mountain areas in Switzerland have great riding. Quickest and easiest way is when you get to an area, pop into a LBS and buy the local singletrailmap for the area. It is a 1:25000 scale map with all the best singletrail loops marked and detailed (German only). Costs 25chf and well worth it for the best riding in the area.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006

Geneva Lausanne

I be in the Geneva Lausanne area in the town of Morges, Any good single track around there?
    I will be there from July 29th to August 18th are there any clubs or riders, that could show me around?

Also will bringing a Garmin edge 800 any GPS tracks I could down load?

Any help would be appreciated

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Look at gps-tracks.com or traildevils.ch/trails.php (Switzerlands favorite mtb site)
    Last edited by Mathullah; 07-20-2011 at 01:08 AM. Reason: forgot something

Lopen is sneller....
    Oct 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Foot View Post
    I be in the Geneva Lausanne area in the town of Morges, Any good single track around there?
    I work in Morges and I don't know any good trails, it is pretty agricultural directly around Morges. Above Lausanne there are some trails I know but nothing spectacular. Then again I never really cared to explore the Morges/Lausanne area too much as the biking in the Alpes Vaudois or Wallis is so good.

Further up North you will find the Jura where I did some good trails. Go East into the valley and you could do some very good riding (Alpes Vaudois/Wallis).

We ride pretty much every weekend so if you care to hook up one day.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Thanks I will check it out
    Gary

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Thanks
    That would be great to do some rides.
    I will try to pm you.

Gary

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathullah View Post
    Look at gps-tracks.com or traildevils.ch/trails.php (Switzerlands favorite mtb site)
    Is there a way to look at the traildevils.ch in English. I can under stand a little bit of french,
    I have a French mother in-law. But German, I no nothing.
    Gary

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Gary,

You can try google translate. Unfortunately there's no english nor french version of the page. Another source which you can use is juride.net - these guys are the swiss distributor for banshee bikes by the way. Hope this helps!

cheers mat

mtbr member
    Oct 2006

Smile MTB/VTT rides this week end July 30-31st

I will be arriving into Morges Friday Morning, Should have the AIR9 out of the box and built up by Friday afternoon. I can ride Saturday or Sunday 30-31st.
    Would be willing to drive a 1.5 hours for some good single track.

Any body riding this weekend?
    I will ride any thing, Cross country, all Mountain, Light Free-ride, it all good,
    Would like to go with a group so I don't get lost.

Gary