Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Mountain biking in Menorca

4K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  Trekgirl 
#1 ·
We are going to menorca for a week in early October. Only a beach hotel based cheap holiday in Cala Dalgana.
My husband wants to do some mountain biking and I was reading about the cami de cavells (coastal bridleway?).

Couple of questions:
Does anyone know a good website re mountain bike trails for the island
Has anyone done this coastal path on a mountain bike and how easy is it? I am a beginner (my blog trekgirls@blogspot.com will give an idea of my cycling level)

thanks

Trekgirl

#2 ·
hi Treckgirl
have you tried wikiloc?
here is Cami de Cavalls
h t t p : // es.wikiloc.com/wikiloc/view.do?id=1366207

and more trails in Menorca:
h t t p : // es.wikiloc.com/wikiloc/find.do?t=&d=&lfr=&lto=&src=&act=2%2C&q=menorca

remove spaces between the letters h t t p : // , i had to write spaces because i'm newbie and MTBR doesn't allow me to post links

bye

#5 ·
Menorca mountain biking

Thought I would just let people know that we went to Menorca and although my husband had a nasty cold that week, he managed to get a couple of days biking in. It was far too technical for me as a beginner so I just walked the coastal bridlepath route but he cycled it and loved it. he said, for XC cyclists it was great and proved enough challenge for him as an experienced mountain biker. The hotel we stayed at in Calla Galdana had a mountain biking hire and advice centre. The guys were really knowledgeable and the bikes were ghost and cost 50 euros to hir for 5 days... great value.

See more on the trip at my blog: Trekgirls@blogspot.com

If you want to cycle whilst on a beach holiday this would be great we reckoned... my husband wants to go back next year!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.