mtbr member

Good job! Italy - Finale Ligure

Finale Ligure is a small and nice town on Mar Ligure in Italy, here you can find wonderful trails near the sea, very particular spots and of course fantastic food like trenette al pesto!

Other beautiful pics and info here.
    Cheers!

banned
    Great pics!

It looks just like our trip to Cervo, posted below:

Cervo, Italy

Love to check out those trails the next holiday.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    (thatīs me on the Varigotti DH)

M.R. on "La Poste"

Finale Ligure is nice but a bit overhyped. There are many other trails on all the Ligurian coast ( www.mtbsanremo.it ) .

If you want fun in Finale Ligure book one or more days of shuttling with finalefreeride - going on your own you probably will miss the best trails and spots.
    Riding a 6"+ bike up the hills to the trailheads is not what you want to do more than once on a hot summer day.

banned
    Thanks for the tip!

mtbr member
    Yes, the spots in Finale Ligure are similar with the spots in Cervo, these 2 town are less than 50 kilometers from each other.

See you in Liguria!!

mtbr member
    Hi Cxfahrer,
    yes all the ligurian cost is full of marvellous trails...i think you know the famous "Sentiero H" (H Trail), don't you?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerk_Chicken
    Great pics!

It looks just like our trip to Cervo, posted below:

Cervo, Italy

Love to check out those trails the next holiday.

Hey I'm in one of those pics from LadyP!

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxAug
    Hi Cxfahrer,
    yes all the ligurian cost is full of marvellous trails...i think you know the famous "Sentiero H" (H Trail), don't you?
    Yes we rode the complete route up to natobase and down but I think this is more an allmountain track. Was fun though, riding in the fog on top of the hill and then going down into the sunlight at Finalborgo.

lidless ascender
    Yup, the Ligurian coast is a really good destination for spring biking, especailly if the Alps are still full of snow at the time
    We went to Finale Ligure for last years' May 1st holidays and to San Remo this year.Cool riding both times.

Finale Ligure
    San Remo

I wouldn't recommend these locations for the summer though.Especially during ferragosto.Aside from the obvious heat the coastal towns become super crowded during the summer and traffic gets awful.

Marko
    I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.

Pictography

mtbr member
    I biker, I and my friend Max had make a new Mtb trail in Finale Ligure that join two fantastic trail, we called it the Big Around, if something out of Italy will try it we will very happy to care it.
    Here the info for a splendid Mtb holidays in Finale ligure Italy
    http://www.turbolince.com/mountain_b...tain_bike.html

mtbr member
    May 2007
    I may be in Finale Ligure in April for my honeymoon and I was wondering if there is XC riding there? Seems like all the info I've seen so far has been for freeride/downhill shuttle assisted riding.

lidless ascender
    No problem for xc, you can always pedal up instead of shuttling (that's what we did)
    Singletrack is mostly pointing down though and there aren't many smooth trails to my recollection, if that's what you're looking for.

We did spend only about a week there a few years ago, so there's a good possibility I don't know the half of it

Marko
    I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.

Pictography

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Cool, thanks for the tip. I'm not really looking for smooth rolling hills, I just didn't know how accessible the trails were without a shuttle. If I can get a good long ride in I'll be happy.

Finale Ligure local
    Feb 2014
    Hello to everyone,
    If you need detailed infos of Finale best Xc /All mountain trails,
    best time to visit, things to avoid, highlights,and so on :
    Mountainbike Lodge Finale Ligure Italian Riviera
    or have a look
    at the Facebook page Mountainbikelodge.
    Mike ( local rider since 98)

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    That lodge looks awesome! I am looking to visit this summer or maybe earlier, like May.

I will be visiting with my family though, wife and 2yearold daughter, neither of which ride. Is the lodge suitable for them, or should I look for a resort beach type spot and then just guide with you guys?

thanks
    "I think it's rad, when Balls beats Natural talent" - Shaun Palmer

Finale Ligure local
    Feb 2014
    If you want infos concerning the Mountainbikelodge contact us via the official website.

Generally speaking I suggest to all dads willing to spent a quiet and stressfree holiday to choose a location wich makes the whole family happy: kids as close as possible to the beach, non riding wifes as close as possible to the shops (avoid hotels too close to jewelries) , riders as close as possible to trail
    network!
    BTW Finale Ligure is great for all mountain /enduro style of riding,
    shuttling is absolutely not mandatory.
    Cheers Mike

Finale Ligure local
    Feb 2014

Smile

I've answered to your post on mtbr.com
    Cheers
    Mike.