mtbr member
    Feb 2013

Help, Touring Europe.Bike Rental and Singletrack suggestions.

My wife and I are backpacking/train/hosteling thru Europe this summer. We are avid Mt. Bikers and would like to rent bikes and do a ride while we are there. We will be in France, Italy, Switzerland and maybe Austria. We prefer flowing trails, easy to intermediate difficulty, and hopefully one with great views. We have done some ski lift/downhill in USA and liked those as well. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    Hallo fbear,

In Switzerland you can do Mountainbiketours in St. Moritz / Celerina. There is a Bike Rental near the Ski lift in Celerina. If you stay a night in Celerina in some Hotels ist the Ski Lift inclusive. More Information here
    Mountainbike St.Moritz

In Italy you go to Livigno. There is a Bikepark with many Single-Trail. There are many Bike-Rental in Livigno. Here are some Information:
    Guide Mountainbike Livigno

In Germany a lot of Mountainbiker like so called "Transalp Touren". You start in the North of the Alps and you drive in 5 - 7 days completely by Bike over the Alps to the South. You find more here
    Transalp Veranstalter - Informationsportal für Alpencrosser

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Thanks for the input.The hot springs ride in Italy looks like a great way to end a ride. The Germany site was only in German, and I am probably too slow to figure out how to get it in English. The Swiss site is blocked by my school site, so I will try it at home. Thanks again, Flint