mtbr member

Euro frame builders

Post Europe-based frame builders here... I want another steel 29er option outside of the On One and Ragley, but in that price range...

Crisp is ridiculous.
    In love with the ti stuff I see from Jeronimos.. if the Canary Is. count as Europe

local trails rider
    On One and Ragley are not frame builders. They design and sell frames.
    ... meaning they provide us with well thought out frames, welded elsewhere, for very good prices

Right now I cannot think of a Euro frame builder (or designer) that does steel 29s in the On One / Ragley price range. Above that range there's many

Julie Racing Design has done them and has some links to others:
    http://julieracingdesig.canalblog.com/.

"it IS possible that you are faster or slower than anybody else who is having at least as much if not more or less fun"

Lys i Mørket

Italy is the place to go

I read in twentynineinches.com not so long ago about a couple of guys under the name of Gas29 http://www.gas29.com. I'm pretty sure they are italian.

They design and weld their own frames except for the ti frame. The price itself is slightly higher than on-one/ragley but, for the looks of it, it seems they're worth it. I'd say they are not overpriced.

I was (am) myself split between these two choices, on one and gas29. On one for the price (can't be beaten) and gas29 for the quality and range of colours.

I wasn't aware Crisp was working with steel. Will drop him an e-mail, just in case.

And finally, afaik Jeronimos are not (is not because they are a one man business ) welders or anything. They make all their fabrications in China.

On a side note, trust me, Canary Islands are Europe. They are more european than Brussels and Luxembourg put together.
    The reason there is so little crime in Germany is that it's against the law.

mtbr member

Thx.

Great replies... checking into it. Crisp isn't in steel afaik.. Gas29 looks like the real deal.
    Much appreciated.

Lys i Mørket

Good job!

Glad to be helpful... from time to time.
    The reason there is so little crime in Germany is that it's against the law.