Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Bosnian beauty

11K views 46 replies 23 participants last post by  Accex 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi all :)

I would like to introduce you my country and show you some pictures from our MTB rides. For the beginning :)

This was our ride to Lukomir - village where people lives as they was living 200 years before. There is no mobile signal and also TV signal is very weak. Village is impossible to access for 6 months in the year because of snow. This trip was in May.

Rest of the pics can be found here:

Lukomir trip by bike

And here is some video material about the village:

Lukomir - the village above the clouds

Mountainous landforms Hill Highland Grassland Pasture

Vegetation Nature Mountainous landforms Natural landscape Highland

Bicycle tire Wheel Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle frame Bicycle wheel

Mountainous landforms Vegetation Sky Highland Hill

Sky Mountainous landforms Hill Highland Slope

Mountainous landforms Highland Hill Plant community Slope

Mountainous landforms Highland Hill Landscape Hill station

See less See more
#5 ·
Thank you for your kind words :)
As for the situation with the mines it is not so bad as it seems. Of course, we are a country that was not so long ago emerged from the war and there are still large areas of the country under the mines, however, you will never encounter a problem if you keep your foot on used paths, or if you go on tour with some local riders. I doubt that you will anywhere, no matter which European country, should go immediately to the forests that is not touched by human foot before you.
On many sites you will find mines, but far more places is absolutely safe for mountaineering, mountain biking or any other outdoor sport :)
I hope that I will prove that with my further posts :)
And let's not forget it - all of you are welcome to my country :)

#8 ·
Hahahaha :)
I don't know how extreme you are :D
For example this is one of my friends:
Bicycle frame Bicycle tire Wheel Tire Bicycle wheel

Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel Winter Bicycle wheel rim Branch

Branch Nature Winter Twig Atmosphere

Branch Winter Freezing Twig Snow

Pictures are taken on January 1, 2009. right after the New Year night :)
He vent alone for a ride on the mountain on the road nobody pass by it in the winter. Everybody says he is crazy :)

Currently I am not allowed to post links, but I will post some links on YouTube about winter rides after I pass 10 posts barrier :)

#11 · (Edited)
I haven't been in Croatia so you must post some pics to see is it same like Bosnia or not :)
I believe that every country, every mountain, every trail has soul and feeling for itself. All looks alike, but all has something distinctive.
Today I will represent you my ride last year through the canyon of Misoca river. It's a small river, but nature around it is pretty nice :)

More pics here :)
Canyon of river Misoca

Wheel Tire Bicycle wheel Bicycle tire Bicycle frame

Nature Natural landscape Cloud Landscape Pasture

Tree Woody plant Pasture Split-rail fence Home fencing

Plant Pasture Natural landscape Farm Landscape

Natural landscape Mountainous landforms Pasture Highland Landscape

Vegetation Bedrock Nature reserve Rock Slope

Vegetation Terrestrial plant Grass family Botany Flowering plant

Fluid Nature Liquid Drop Terrestrial plant

#12 ·
We should continue with our series :)
This time I will show you a place not many Bosnians know about it. It's a small spring - we call it a Green Well - that is located in the place out of reach to ordinary tourist or Bosnian. Only locals know about it and now we could show it to the world :)

Full pics gallery and nice video material is on the link:

Back to Life: The Green Well

I would like to thank my friends from Giro di Sarajevo on this :)

Nature Vegetation Green Grass Natural landscape

Plant Flower Purple Woody plant Botany

Rock Plant community Landscape Land lot Bedrock

Wood Property Plant community Woody plant Rural area

Body of water Rock Algae Watercourse Stream

Nature Vegetation Green Grass Sky

Colorfulness Line Font World Software

#14 ·
Thank you man :)
Do you know in which town he was? Couple days ago I met one of the British soldiers on the internet. He was also in Bosnia at 1993 at mount Igman near Sarajevo and I send him recent photos of the place where he has been :)
He posted pictures right away on his Facebook profile to show it to his mates :)

#25 ·
Awesome pics!

Thanks for showing us your lovely country!
Thanks a lot :)

That reminds me to keep uploading :)

Well, this is not a cycling tour but the pics are nice. This is recent hiking trip to the second highest peak in Bosnia and Herzegovina named Volujak. We have a small country so the peaks are not so high. Volujak is 2336 m high.
It was a very sunny but cold day, wind was strong so there was no clouds and the pictures came out good.

More pictures can be found here:

Hiking on the Volujak mountain

Stream Arroyo Channel Drainage Ditch

Geology

Plant community Terrestrial plant Grass family Groundcover Subshrub

Mountainous landforms Rock Slope Bedrock Highland

Mountainous landforms Hill Natural landscape Highland Plant community

Mountainous landforms Rock Slope Mountain Highland

#26 ·
Wow beautiful pictures. I spent a year in Bosnia in 1997. Most of my time was soent in the Tuzla area, and a bit of time was up in Sarajevo as well. I have some pictures from my time there but they are nothing like yours. I have lots of fond memories of my time in Bosnia. My wife and I are hoping o visit again one day. Your pictures just make us want to go back even more.

#28 ·
Thank you very much on your kind words. Time is something that I don't have much in these days, but I'll try to keep posting :)

Here is some pictures from Trebevic mountain. Trebevic mountain is a paradise for mountaineers, hikers and bikers simply because it's proximity to the Sarajevo and it's tick evergreen forests. Trebevic is on the edge of Sarajevo city center and you can start with climbing right from the city that is located on approximately 500 meter above sea level. Top of the mountain itself is at 1627 meter.
Rest of the pics can be found on the link:

Trebevic mountain bicycle ride

Adaptation Invertebrate Soil Beige Insect

Vegetation Atmospheric phenomenon Forest Biome Hill station

Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle wheel Bicycle frame Bicycle

Organism Snake Vertebrate Terrestrial animal Scaled reptile

Vegetation Sky Atmosphere Atmospheric phenomenon Horizon

Mountainous landforms Nature Highland Hill Atmosphere

Nature Blue Sky Daytime Cloud

Mountainous landforms Vegetation Plant community Highland Hill

#29 ·
I didn't post anything for a long time but as Terminator say: "I'll be back" - and here I am :)

These pictures are taken from our bike tour in May this year. Couple of us gathered in Sarajevo and went for a ride in Misoca river canyon (there is some pictures above about this canyon). Weather was everything but nice - but this was a main reason for good time on the bikes.
Do you feel angry sometimes when couple of mud drops fell on you during the ride and you are not dirty, but also you are not clean? :)
That mixed feeling disappeared during that ride. We were covered with mud from head to toe and in front of us were 20-30 kilometers of mud :)
Great feeling when you don't care about anything and just enjoy your ride :)

Video material and full pictures album can be found here:

Misoca river canyon - mud and rain ride

Road Plant Infrastructure Landscape Natural landscape

Natural environment Brown Natural landscape Landscape Plain

Nature Road Infrastructure Road surface Asphalt

Road Nature Bicycle frame Infrastructure Road cycling

Bicycle frame Bicycle wheel Recreation Bicycle Soil

Bicycle frame Wheel Bicycle wheel Natural environment Plant

Nature Helmet Personal protective equipment Outerwear Jacket

Bicycle tire Tire Bicycle wheel rim Wheel Bicycle fork

Blue Textile Pattern Electric blue Embellishment

#33 ·
Thanks Silviu303 :)

I couldn't post anything since long time ago because I was busy, but here is one great information about Bosnia :)
Bosnia and Herzegovina is proclaimed for best mountain biking (MTB) adventure destination in 2012 by the prominent magazine National Geographic. So if you ask yourself where to go in 2012 - National Geographic is your friend :D

More info on link:

Bosnia - best MTB adventure destination in 2012

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.