Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Bosnian beauty

11K views 46 replies 23 participants last post by  Accex 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi all :)

I would like to introduce you my country and show you some pictures from our MTB rides. For the beginning :)

This was our ride to Lukomir - village where people lives as they was living 200 years before. There is no mobile signal and also TV signal is very weak. Village is impossible to access for 6 months in the year because of snow. This trip was in May.

Rest of the pics can be found here:

Lukomir trip by bike

And here is some video material about the village:

Lukomir - the village above the clouds

Mountainous landforms Hill Highland Grassland Pasture

Vegetation Nature Mountainous landforms Natural landscape Highland

Bicycle tire Wheel Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle frame Bicycle wheel

Mountainous landforms Vegetation Sky Highland Hill

Sky Mountainous landforms Hill Highland Slope

Mountainous landforms Highland Hill Plant community Slope

Mountainous landforms Highland Hill Landscape Hill station

See less See more
#34 ·
Well... This is one of the most beautiful destination in Bosnia for MTB cycling :)

We are talking about Bjelasnica mountain and Umoljani village with Cold creek river. There is a legend about dragon and this village connected with the creation of he creek, but more about this you can read in article:

Studeni potok (Cold creek) near Umoljani village

There you can find even more pictures :)

Attachments

#35 ·
Incredible amounts of snow hits Bosnia and Herzegovina. In Sarajevo, capital of Bosnia and Herzegovina, there is 108 centimeters of snow and more is expected during the next two days. On Bjelasnica mountain it's measured 230 centimeters of snow.

Situation is hard, but we don't surrender :)

You can find here some interesting and spirit lifting photos and videos - mostly from Sarajevo :D

http://go2bosnia.com/media/item/169-bosnia-and-herzegovina-under-the-snow.html

#36 ·
Giro di Sarajevo - 2012.

If you came to Bosnia next month, precisely September the 2nd, it would be great to attend greatest cycling event in Sarajevo - Giro di Sarajevo.
Last year there was more than 800 cyclists on the streets of Sarajevo, traffic was blocked by the police forces and everybody enjoyed bicycle riding through the main streets of Sarajevo.
More about the event can be found on link:

Giro di Sarajevo - 2012.

Everybody is welcome... and, who know, maybe you could win a brand new GT bicycle :)

#42 ·
Nice photos, I visited Bosnia and Hercegovina this summer, unfortunately just 4 days roadtrip. The lower parts were sometime bit scary, but mountains are beautiful like anywhere. I hope that will visit again, maybe with bicycle, it seems that it is biking in forgetten land and that's exactly how I like it :)

One question, we had problems to get some usable map, of Bosnia and Hercegovina, even for car, for biking I think mission impossible, any advices where or how to get?

#45 ·
Hi Bosnian!

The pictures you take of Bosnia are fantastic.

I am coming to Bosnia in August to cycle form Rijeka in Croatia to Mostar then on to Dubrovnik and back up the islands to Rijeka. I am a mountain biker but will be riding my touring bike with bags. I have maps of BiH but sometimes the roads they show are not on google maps or do not show on google earth. We want to stay away from the big roads so we can see more of the small villages but sometimes the small cart tracks just stop! What is your experience of using these cart tracks? If we ask local people will they know if we can get to the next village or town? Is there a website maybe that shows good maps?

I am really looking forward to seeing the country and I hope you can help us with our route!

Thankyou

Mike

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.