mtbr member
    Nov 2010

biking TO Geneva from... ?

Hi guys!

Next summer aI am planning to make a bike trip through a small part of Europe.
    My final destination is Geneva, Switzerland.
    But - I live in Ukraine, and I have to choose my start point wisely So, for now I have chosen either Munich (Memmingen airport) or Paris.
    So here I am, surrounded by google maps and google searches, but I can't seem to find the answers...
    So, my first question is: is it really possible to manage one of these routes? )))
    The one that goes from Memmingen seems to be a really mountainous one (which can be hard and interesting), and the one from Paris - through fields (which seems to be too easy and not so interesting).
    So, can someone advise me on this?
    I really need to plan this ASAP, but I cannot find any tracks or routes with the needed destination...

Thanks for your answers!

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    From Memmingen to Geneva the fastest way (if xou dont want to use highways ) is the upper Rhine valley and the upper Rhone valley, this is a mere 500km and should be quite easy with a roadbike (no big climbs).
    If you want to use a mountainbike off road or on biking paths, you would better ask in a german or swiss MTB forum (like mtb-news.de/forum > Reisen/Routen/Reviere) . Posting in English will be ok.

On viamichelin.com you can look for bicycling routes. Or on openmtbmap.org.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Thanks, cxfahrer!
    gone to study the sites ))