Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Ami Schwein
    Spent today in Bike Park Boppard close to Koblenz. There is only one trail and two dirt lines but the trail has some really nice flow to it. Lots of kickers, drops, and some North shore mixed together. Its free if you dont mind pushing your bike back up the trail (takes about 30 minutes)...if not, the lift costs like 4.50 per run or 20 for a tageskarte. Definitely worth checking out if your in the area.
    Wait until Spring Bandini

Professional Slacker
    Jun 2004
    Are there any trails near Geilenkirchen? I'm moving there this summer and hoping to find some good biking.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by richde
    Are there any trails near Geilenkirchen? I'm moving there this summer and hoping to find some good biking.
    I used to live just across the border from GK while stationed at Brunssum. The Dutch side has several good routes. I think the Brunssumheide is about 8 minutes from the back gate of GK airbase. There is also typical german forestroad type riding all around the base. the Aachenwald area around where the dutch, german, and belgian borders meet is also interesting. see my post in the riding in the netherlands thread above for more info.

mtbr member

Landstuhl

There are some good singletrack trails around Landstuhl. They are labeled as "walking" trails but I usually don't see any people when I ride so it's not a problem. If anyone wants to ride on em then feel free to pm me.

Has anyone ever ridden any good singletrack down near the bavarian alps? I always hear people say that they have sweet trails down there but I am not sure if that means singletrack or fireroads. I still don't understand the Germans love for fireroads...

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by EVERYUSERNAMEISTAKEN
    There are some good singletrack trails around Landstuhl. They are labeled as "walking" trails but I usually don't see any people when I ride so it's not a problem. If anyone wants to ride on em then feel free to pm me.

Has anyone ever ridden any good singletrack down near the bavarian alps? I always hear people say that they have sweet trails down there but I am not sure if that means singletrack or fireroads. I still don't understand the Germans love for fireroads...
    Hi! I might Pm you to ride together near Landstuhl.. as posted above..I am about 1 hour away...

On the bavarian Alps.. I went riding near Garmisch-Partenkirchen, towards the Zugspitze..and while a lot of trail was double track, there were some nice sections of singletrack.... lost of fun..

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Yeah I just did a 40k race in my town (though I wasn't really racing) and it was more like a cyclocross race. Nogt much single track. On the tricky single track I had to pass a lot of people but on the hill I was gettin stomped. Most of the riders were afraind to go fast in the tech. sections. I have a huge map of the alps. I'll try and upload it one of these days.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by crisillo
    Hi! I might Pm you to ride together near Landstuhl.. as posted above..I am about 1 hour away...

On the bavarian Alps.. I went riding near Garmisch-Partenkirchen, towards the Zugspitze..and while a lot of trail was double track, there were some nice sections of singletrack.... lost of fun..
    Sounds great! Maybe we could meet up at Rodalben too. I have only ridden half of the trail so far and I am itching to see how the rest of it is.

Great info about the trails down south. As soon as I can get some time off from work I plan to head down there for about a week. I want to see the sites and do as much riding as possible. Me and some buddies have been thinking about going to Les Gets bikepark in France. It is geared towards the dh/fr guys but they have xc trails too.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004

Wasgau Marathon

which is a "fun" marathon takes place the 13th of October. Pretty fun, but the courses are
    way off for distance, which makes it a bit more fun. They are longer than posted by far. Ed

Link (obviously)
    http://www.wasgau-mtb-marathon.de/

Quote Originally Posted by scarkinsmel
    which is a "fun" marathon takes place the 13th of October. Pretty fun, but the courses are
    way off for distance, which makes it a bit more fun. They are longer than posted by far. Ed

Link (obviously)
    http://www.wasgau-mtb-marathon.de/
    what a coincidence.. a friend and I were talking about this one this morning...he raced the St. Wendel / St. Ingbert 30k mini-marathons and was think about doing this one.. looks like a cool track..

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by k-stein
    Lots of Bike Parks worth looking at in D-land. Todtnau by Stuttgart has a killer DH course probably the gnarliest ive ever ridden...ever. Winterberg is also definitely something to check out, really nice designed stuff DH, FR, north shore, six cross etc. (opens in 5 weeks!!!!!) Those are the only two i have ridden so far. This summer ill be making the 5 hour drive to Sallbach and Leogang in Austria, im stoked. Oh almost forgot, theres Burg Frankenstein by Darmstadt. Its got some nice FR trails.

Do you have directions to Todtnau? I live near Stuttgart and am looking for good places to ride.

Matt

mtbr member
    Mar 2004

St. Ingbert is a fun race

Quote Originally Posted by crisillo
    what a coincidence.. a friend and I were talking about this one this morning...he raced the St. Wendel / St. Ingbert 30k mini-marathons and was think about doing this one.. looks like a cool track..
    If you guys decide to ride Wasgau is pretty fun course with good feed stops. They seem to always be backed up with people eating way too much. Hope to see you guys there, look for the one of the only 29ers and a guy with a beard and that will likely be me. Ed

Look at the time!
    Quote Originally Posted by stingray_coach
    Do you have directions to Todtnau? I live near Stuttgart and am looking for good places to ride.

Matt
    http://www.mtb-fun-park.de/
    click on "Anfahrt"
    Todtnau is in the southern black forest, far away from anything by german standards. It's worth the drive, but do it in the summer.

Bad Wildbad is somewhat closer than Todtnau.
    http://www.northwave-bikepark-bad-wildbad.de/
    The track(s) is even gnarlier - steep, seriously rocky, but with less elevation gain. Super fun but bring all the body armor you have. I live in Oregon now and the main track at wildbad is still the gnarliest track I've ever ridden by a really long shot.

There are a bunch of people from Stuttgart riding there all season (lift - or rather: train-assisted off season riding is possible year round), you can find them in the stuttgart local board on mtb-news.de:

http://www.mtb-news.de/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=94
    wanted: Cannondale Lefty w/ V-brake studs

mtbr member
    I think I found the right forum to post in...

There are a few of us who live on Vogelweh MFH side of base that will be riding out of the Getleswoog parking lot (past Hoenecken) each weekend from now until Jan; a couple of us have 125 day vacation.

For those familiar with the RACC Thursday rides, we are going to start in the parking lot as usual. As a matter of fact one of the guys is picking his new bike up today and we will be riding from the Getleswoog parking lot at 1400.

If you are interested give me (Rick) a call on my cell 01515-327-7383 or e-mil bcane98@gmail.com

Looking forward to the Wasgau ride as well...

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Erlangen=Sweet single track. But mums the word, you gotta know how to get them, put up with plenty of pavement and dirt road to get them, but once you find them.....
    "Show em how we do it in the 505, show up late and leave early!" -Pete

banned
    Erlangen is one of the places on our list to move to.

mtbr member
    I'm always down for a road trip. I live in Landstuhl but would be willing to drive to check out some good trails. You guys wanna get a group together sometime?

I'm always down for a road trip. I live in Landstuhl but would be willing to drive to check out some good trails. You guys wanna get a group together sometime?
    that would be cool

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    I found Bad Wild Bad...it is only 30 minutes from my house and it looks nice. I havent ridden it yet, but look forward to it. does anyone know if they have some XC stuff there too?

banned
    Love to. I'm also looking to put together a Eurobike trip.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerk_Chicken
    Love to. I'm also looking to put together a Eurobike trip.

so, JC.. do you now have a short list of the possible places to move?

banned
    It will still be up in the air for some months more, it appears. Too many factors coalescing right now.

Can I move in with you? I could rub in how much tire clearance I have in my rear tri while you rub in being 25% lighter.

It will still be up in the air for some months more, it appears. Too many factors coalescing right now.

Can I move in with you? I could rub in how much tire clearance I have in my rear tri while you rub in being 25% lighter.

now seriously, let me know if there's anything I can help with

banned
    Thanks a bunch.

Thanks a bunch.
    No biggie!

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    I would love too meet up, but Im all the way up in Grafenwoehr, Germany

Anyone else over here with me in Eastern Germany?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast