• 12-10-2012
    expatrider
    Schwalbe Hans Dampf TSC up front and a Nobby Nic PSC on the rear. The NN is fast, relatively light, and has the snakeskin protection. I have found it a great combo which works in varied conditions.
  • 12-10-2012
    Rivet
    Specialized Purgatory 2.3 in front Captain 2.3 rear, both Control version.
  • 12-11-2012
    JMW503
    - Tubeless Trail King 2.4 Protection Front and 2.2 UST Rear when wet and muddy

- Tubeless Trail King 2.2 UST Front and Rear rest of the season for most soil types and conditions. No issues with the side walls, burping, slices, or other failures. Not as light or fast as a race king, but the tire never fails and sticks to the trail.

- Tubeless MTB Weirwolf 2.4 UST for decomposed granite. Not as tough as the TR (i.e. it is easier to slice) but its like velcro on DG.

The Conti TK 2.2 volume wise is more like a 2.3 as is the Weirwolf 2.4.
  • 12-11-2012
    jds2835
    Butcher control 2.35 front and purgatory grid 2.25 rear is my current setup. I've yet to find the perfect combo. I keep tearing knobs and puncturing tire casings. I agree that the races are won on the pedal sections and climbs so the purgatory is and effort to find a faster rolling tire. The Schwable hd side knobs only lasted a few rides and I put a hole in the casing but the rubber compound is great in the wet.

What front and rear pressure is everyone running?
  • 12-12-2012
    Haggis
    Got an enduro this wkd, which has plenty of rock and gnar, and not much climbing in the timed sections. Will be a dry course as it hasn't rained for a week. I'm thinking TK2.4 front and Excavator 2.35 rear since pedally sections are largely not timed. Could go TK2.4 rear as well but it might be a bit heavy to lug up all those hills... Course
  • 12-13-2012
    Salespunk
    How about a TK 2.2 Protection in the rear?
  • 12-14-2012
    DexTan
    1 Attachment(s)
    Just built a set to try out. TCS system, looks good so far.
  • 12-14-2012
    hitechredneck
    I like those weirwolfs they feel larger then they really are.
  • 12-14-2012
    hitechredneck
    I like those weirwolfs they feel larger then they really are.
  • 12-14-2012
    babias
    I use a maxxis minion dhf 2.35 42a front and a maxxis crossmark 2.1 lust in the rear
  • 12-14-2012
    Kimnic
    Schwalbe Nobby Nic 2.35 in the front for outstanding grip and Racing Ralph 2.25 in the rear for speed - works all year round. At the moment we got tons of snow but I just let out some air (25 psi)..
  • 12-17-2012
    Ksipes
    Xr4