mtbr member

TAHQUITZ ENDURO & Bike festival

Come on out and enjoy the best in SoCal Enduro's. This is sure to be a classic race. Set way up in the mountains near Big Bear. Your gonna cruise through pine trees and clean mountain air!

This a brand new race set high up in the mountains near Big Bear CA. This is gonna be a festival weekend, with all kinds of activities for racers and their families. Saturday August 24th will be the 6 Hour Ride the Hills Challenge. A 6 Hour endurance race put on to benefit High School Mountain Biking and the Organization known as " Bike For Bender " a Cancer awareness foundation. This is going to a tremendously fun weekend with great friends and great memories.

The Enduro event is on Sunday and consists of 3 timed events ending in a overall time to determine the champions of the day in each category. The course will vary in techy downhill stuff and fitness sections. I will tell ya that in general this is some of the funnest Mountain biking trails Ive ridden! For this race you start at the top of each timed run and race to the bottom. once at the bottom you gotta climb back to the top and be ready for the next race! Only the top to the bottom sections are timed. The climbs back to the top are at your own pace!

For more info go to:WWW. SOCALENDURANCE.COM Blank
    Blank
    TAHQUITZ ENDURO & Bike festival-heather-2.jpgTAHQUITZ ENDURO & Bike festival-screen-shot-2013-01-28-12-36-37-pm.jpgTAHQUITZ ENDURO & Bike festival-enduro1.jpeg
    SOCAL'S #1 ENDURANCE MTB EXPERIENCE
    www.12hrsoftemecula.com

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Any new news on this enduro race? Any info on the trails for the enduro courses?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by RideMX104 View Post
    Any new news on this enduro race? Any info on the trails for the enduro courses?
    Everything you want to know is here: Tahquitz Enduro - SoCal Endurance

and

6hr Challenge & Enduro | Bike for Bender

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    A few of us have signed up for this race. I will post up a ride and race report in this thread after!

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Yesterday was the Tahquitz enduro race and I had a great time. The courses were very pedally but fun! The organizers had their stuff together and since there wasn't a huge turnout there was a good chance to hang out it was a very cool vibe out there!

There were three courses two of which shared the first portion of the trail which was a tight through the wood single track that required pedaling to keep speed through the rocks and loose turns! Then it led down to a more technical downhill still wasnt too difficult but a nice chute that was loose and sandy and some tight switchbacks toward the bottom. The second course was a bit more open and fast, not as pedally and had some nice high flat track type turn that you could rail if you pulled your inside foot off and drifted around them!

I think the day was around 3000' of climbing and when your doing it at 6300' elevation it is a bit harder than at home (768') and Im glad we pre-rode the course on Saturday because there was the 6hr on saturday which shared some of the courses and there were course markers all over the place and got kind of confusing in a few spots!

Turns out I walked away with 1st in sport men and had a great time!