mtbr member
    Feb 2014

New question here. Help med select right enduro bike

After several years of road biking im planning to take up mountainbiking.
    I started to look after an 650B enduro and were planning to get a Lapierre Spicy 527 or Trek 7, but when talking to the dealer i got the information that these were sold out and trek were not available until end of may..
    therefore I talked to another dealer and he had a 2013 enduro expert carbon demo bike on sale for 2951\4922$.
    I have tested a stumpy 29"/ cannondale trigger 29 and i think it is to big for the forrest, tried narrow turns on the parkinglot and I do not think that would work for me.
    This weekend I will go and get my Spesh, but after reading alot of 650b discussions about that the 26" is dead and so on im beginning to hesitate... I have already paied 10% of the bike so I can probably not get out of the deal without loosing theese money.
    please give me some advice..

(Im sorry for my bad english..)
    Last edited by Prahna; 03-01-2014 at 09:27 PM. Reason: Tread is no logner about Specialized enduro

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    That is still a great bike. the downsides I see to 26" is

resale value
    future tire, fork, and rim choices
    the stability of a little bigger wheel

other than those there should be no reason you cant rip out there on that bike!!

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Amazing bike, you are going to love it. Don't get dragged into the wheel size argument as the new Enduro es very, very capable. Climbs well and descends even better.

I am on a 2013 S-Works and this is hands down the best bike I have ever ridden and have tried some 27.5 as well.

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Thanks, it feels much better now It has been the bike of my dreams for a while and I never thought that I could get one for that kind of money.

mtbr member
    Jan 2003
    I have a 013 Enduro as well. Awesome bike.

Tribe Member
    Just bought an Yeti SB-66. No regrets at all.
    Proud Tribe member since 1992 - looking for better singletrack to be ridden year round

mtbr member
    Feb 2014

Help me choose something else

Rode the Enduro today but due to some defects did i not buy that bike.
    Now i need to buy something else, the thing is that I cant afford a new Specialized enduro expert carbon. So what shall I buy, I have an budget on approximately 4900$.
    I can get a new 2013 jekyll 2 carbon, trigger 2 carbon 26" 2013 or a new 2014 spesh stumpjumper fsr carbon comp 29" or a stumpjumper fsr elite 2013 29" for that money.
    What bike should I buy for a mix of xc, trail and enduro. It need to be able to bike on the flat and also climb well?
    I feel a little uncertain about buying a 26" bike when all brands now longer doesnt produce any 26ers.

mtbr member
    Giant Trance

Tribe Member
    No clue what size that you need to have buy Backcountry.com is blowing out the Yeti SB-66 carbon for $4000 USD. You would still have money in hand with your budget. This is the race version with a full XT kit on it.
    Yeti Cycles SB-66 Carbon Race Complete Mountain Bike | Backcountry.com
    Proud Tribe member since 1992 - looking for better singletrack to be ridden year round

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by yetirich View Post
    No clue what size that you need to have buy Backcountry.com is blowing out the Yeti SB-66 carbon for $4000 USD. You would still have money in hand with your budget. This is the race version with a full XT kit on it.
    Yeti Cycles SB-66 Carbon Race Complete Mountain Bike | Backcountry.com
    Thanks for the hint about the yeti, unfortenately dooes i live in sweden europe and due to tax and transport the price will be much higer. If the company ships for europe. If i multiply the price with 1.3x i will get the price including tax and toll

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    It ended up with me ordering a Jekyll carbon 2 2013. I got a nice deal for a new bike and since a spesh enduro 2014 was 4500$ more expensive I could not afford buying a spesh enduro.

I'm with stupid

Specialized Enduro Expert Carbon 26", a bad choise?

Good choice I have ridden one of those and really liked it. Plus it seems to be tearing up the enduro scene when being piloted by a very skilled rider.

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    It is finally here

Cannondale Jekyll carbon 2

Specialized Enduro Expert Carbon 26", a bad choise?-image.jpg

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Congrats, that is a sweet looking bike.