Got an email this morning that the Enduro in Riverside CA this weekend had been postponed for 3 weeks due to a rain storm bringing approx. 2in. of rain. This it disappointing as I was hoping rain or shine to race this weekend!
Here is the email
Out of respect for the trails at the Box Springs Mountain park, you our valued participants, and our gracious sponsors we have concluded that the best decision after long discussions with the park ranger staff is to move the Riverside events to March 29 - 30.
From the park ranger staff, "After speaking with my Natural Resource Manager we decided that with heavy rains in the forecast it will be unsafe to have an event on the reserve. However, we would be happy to reschedule your event March 29-30. We look forward to seeing you next month."
Riders who have already registered will automatically be forwarded to the March 29 - 30 events. If you can not make the new date then please let us know and we will refund your entry fee.
I suppose that if it would damage the trail to the point of being negligent and destructive I guess that would be my only concern. If they are truly worried about safety that I don't understand, I have ridden the trails last year and a few weeks ago and there is no portions that couldn't be crossed by walking or riding with caution. To tell you the truth I was looking forward to some traction! and a little bit of a socal mud fest.
Was anyone else racing this race? or have any opinions on the subject?
Guess some local trail fun is in order!
Results 1 to 2 of 2
Check out the hottest mountain bike products from these brands!
See All Interbike Coverage - Click Here »