mtbr member
    Nov 2006

Race Weekend or Race Day?

Just want to see what people think. I have raced DH for about 10 years now, I am used to going to the mountain on Saturday, practice, then race on Sunday knowing the track.

I picture enduro to be more of a one day event. I have done a hare scramble and a dirt bike enduro, those are a one day event, you do not get to practice the track, just race it.

I have only done one mtb enduro, I showed up on race day and had not idea what the segments were going to be like, raced it and had fun.

I know a lot of XC racers just show up race day, but if you do multiple laps then you are in the dark on the first lap but then know what to expect as the race goes on.

Do you most of you see yourselfs showing up on Saturday to check out the segments for a Sunday race or showing up just for race day?

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Enduros typically span a weekend, 2-3 stages a day. Practice the weekend before fyi. Arrive on Friday, set up camp, tweak bike, rest. Sat and Sun are stage days *most of the time. Depends on venue, series, promoter, etc....