mtbr member
    Nov 2006

Plattekill DH Enduro 11/10-11/11

Enduro is still being defined, so for the last race of the season Platty is going to run a "DH Enduro". The courses will most likely be a little more DH bike friendly but if you have a AM bike I would bring it to make your own call on your choice of weapon.

It will be lift assisted and there will be 2 runs on Saturday and 2 runs on Sunday, each one will be about 6-8 minutes. There is pedaling but I would say about 90% downhill for each course, the rest will be flat or uphill.

Still working out the final details and I will post more info as we get everything put together.

Classes are still being decided but will most likely be Pro/open and then Am. with age groups.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Hey Batt, it looks like no timing chips because of the start times and double day set up. Correct?

Bummer it's two days.....
    Anyone who rides a bike is a friend of mine.
    My favorite bike is whatever I am riding.
    My favorite trail is where ever I am.
    Bikes and equipment are replaceable, friends and trails are not.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Eastern States Cup - Local Business - Events | Facebook

Eastern States Cup » Gravity Enduro

Eastern States Cup First Annual

“Last Chance For Glory”

MTB Gravity Downhill Enduro

At

Plattekill Bike Park

The Eastern States Cup is excited to present the First Annual “Last Chance For Glory” ESC Downhill Enduro Race at Plattekill Bike Park on November 10-11, 2012. This event is a great way to end the DH MTB race and riding season. It’s the “Last Chance” for racers and riders to get together for a unique and fun weekend in 2012. Plattekill Bike Park is one of last DH MTB resorts still in operating this fall.

The ESC and Plattekill have partnered to offer a unique racing format that is sure to please racers and garner the attention of the MTB racing industry. The plan for the race is 2 timed runs on Saturday and 2 timed runs on Sunday, total fastest time wins. The Pro/Open classes will split up to $1600 in cash and the amateurs will vie for high-end sponsor prizes.

The unique format will keep racers busy all weekend while testing their DH skills and endurance. Total race time should approach 30 minutes. Unlike traditional enduro races the riders will use the ski lift for every segment. Starts will have short intervals and passing will be part of the fun. The tracks will be long, fast and fun with some Plattekill steepness mixed in. They have been selected for their fun and length. The tracks have plenty of both and surely will become favorite trails at Plattekill. There will be some flat pedal sections and a short uphill on both tracks. Total uphill is less than 2% and those sections are right after long fast downhill sections.

Race Awards:
    Men Pro / Open $300 – $200 – $150 – $100 – $50*
    Women Pro / Open $300 – $200 – $150 – $100 – $50*
    *If less than 10/class cash amounts will be ˝ the above.
    Amateur High end prizes from sponsors for top 3 every class!!

Race Classes:
    Men Pro / Open
    Women Pro / Open
    Women Amateur / Open
    Under 18 Amateur / Open
    19-29 Amateur / Open
    30-39 Amateur / Open
    40-49 Amateur / Open
    50+ Amateur / Open

Race Fee’s:
    $65 Amateur Two Day
    $75 Pro/Open Two Day
    $55 One Day for Time Only
    All Race Fees Include Lift Tickets!!!

Schedule:
    Saturday: Registration: 8-11 Race Starts – 12 noon and 2pm
    Sunday: Registration 8-10 Race Starts – 11am and 1pm

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Went to Platty to do some work and layout of the courses. I will say that I will definitely be riding my DH bike for both courses. I think a short travel DH bike would be ideal, which I do not have, but I would not be able to push it on my trail bike. I know I could ride it, but not at the speeds and comfort level I have on the DH bike. There are some steep sections, but nothing really crazy.

Hey Lew, they are doing one day also, it is for time only and not for any prizes.

Should be fun, just some final marking and taping to do and it should be all set for anyone that wants to head down this weekend for some runs.