Total Goober
    Sep 2009

Keystone Closures 06/29, 07/06, 07/07

X-posted in Front Range forum.

Just saw this on their website:

"Saturday, June 29th till 2 p.m. for the Snake River Challenge
    The mountain will REOPEN 2pm-7pm, with all available terrain OPEN to the public. Discounted lift tickets for afternoon access will be available a the River Run Guest Services Building for $15.
    Saturday, July 6th till 5 p.m. for the Big Mountain Enduro Series
    The mountain will REOPEN 5pm-7pm, with all available terrain OPEN to the public. FREE lift tickets for evening access will be available a the River Run Guest Services Building.
    Sunday, July 7th all day for the Big Mountain Enduro Series."

So... if you were planning on practicing on the 29th for the BME, don't show up until 2 PM. That is really stupid, IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuglio View Post
    You guys suck im all bummed now

FasCat Coaching
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSteve in CO View Post
    X-posted in Front Range forum.

So... if you were planning on practicing on the 29th for the BME, don't show up until 2 PM. That is really stupid, IMO.
    So would you rather have 'some' access to the mountain or run into the hundred plus XC/endurance racers who will be climbing up and criss-crossing the mountain for 5-6 hours? I think its pretty good they decided to run discounted tickets and re-open instead of just closing for the day
    FasCat Coaching
    Personalized Coaching for All Cyclists

Total Goober
    Sep 2009
    I would rather they not have any closures the weekend prior to the Big Mountain Enduro.

Formerly of Kent
    I think the fact that Americans complain about not being able to practice on "Enduro" "courses" is ridiculous.

Man up, Francis.

formerly shabadu
    Nov 2006
    5 hours is PLENTY of time to go haggar yourself at Keystone, especially on a trail bike.

You can't complain about a resort closing for one race so you can't practice for a few hours for your race the next weekend. C'mon now.

Now you've even got an American EuroDuro fanboy heckling you with misquoted Stripes lines. Sheez.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Seriously?

At this weekends Superenduro in Europe the ski area were closed all week for officials to mark the course and riders only had a single day to scout and pre-ride the course. At races like Trans-Provence, no stages are announced ahead of time and you are only allowed to look at the first 50 meters of a trail before starting.

Historically, a lot enduro events (especially those promoted by Fred Glo) have been about testing ones skills and fitness against whatever is around the next corner, without knowing/pre-riding/etc. So i find complaining about Keystone being closed for part of a weekend (before the courses are even announced) pitiful. Besides shouldn't you be racing the CB BME, or were they closed part of this weekend and you couldn't GoPro all the runs in time for that event too?

Total Goober
    Sep 2009
    I can complain about whatever I want- it's the internet.

I was just posting this so peeps know to avoid Key during the events, not to hurt anyone's feelings.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Duke View Post
    I think the fact that Americans complain about not being able to practice on "Enduro" "courses" is ridiculous.

Man up, Francis.
    Agree!!!!