mtbr member

Just Got My Pre Reg Done for BME Moab

Anyone else signing up on Wednesday?

Your bike sucks
    Yepper. Reg'd first thing this morning.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007

Just Got My Pre Reg Done for BME Moab

Just preregistered for Moab as well. I'm thinking Burro Pass won't involve ice chutes this year judging by the race being pushed forward a month+. But you never know up there, that's part of the fun!

Kind of bummed that it's only one day this year. Obviously I think it will be worth it tho. It really did look like a massive operation to transport and leap-frog all the timing equipment to various stages in the backcountry last year. I can see how a park/resort type venue would make a 2 day event way more feasible. Regardless, I had a blast, met lots of cool people, and thought the BME crew had it pretty well dialed!

STRAVA!!!!!!
    Mar 2010
    Yeaaah, I'm in again! Can't wait for this year, it should be way hot this time of year so up top will be perfect! Gona lighten up the RIP with a 1x11, train like hell on pipeline,crest and Pikes Peak and get on the podium this time!!! MOAB BABY!

Tribe Member
    Ok, so I am going to guess that you raced this last year and got some sort of invitation code to pre reg? This will be my first year racing enduros and this is the one that my buddies and I really want to do. With a limit of 250 racers are we barking up the wrong tree?

Thanks
    Last edited by yetirich; 01-23-2014 at 09:11 AM.
    Proud Tribe member since 1992 - looking for better singletrack to be ridden year round

STRAVA!!!!!!
    Mar 2010

Cool-blue Rhythm

Quote Originally Posted by yetirich View Post
    Ok, so I am going to guess that you raced this last year and got some sort of invitation code to pre reg? This will be my first year racing enduros and this is the one that my buddies and I really want to do. WIth a limit of 250 racers are we barking up the wrong tree?

Thanks
    Not at all, try to get in Wednesday, if that doesn't work get on the waiting list, then watch for entries for sale from people that cant make the race, (that's how I got in last year). And if all else fails go to the race in Moab a day or two early and let the BME gals know your there and ready to race and you will get in!

Your bike sucks
    Yetirich, Moab sold out super fast last year so I'd be on it exactly when it opens. Have your account ready at IMAthlete. If you don't get it in, as waafoo says, there's the waitlist and plenty of dropouts listing their entries here and other places on the interwebz. If you're motivated to race this particular one, I'm certain you'll find a way. See you there!

mtbr member
    Be online and hit the button at 8 am. I think it was just a few minutes before it sold out last year.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    I set up an account at imAthlete.
    I would like to sign up for the 3 enduros scheduled, Keystone, Snowmass & Moab. Is there a strategy? Looks like they all are individual. Moab will likely sell out first, so is the best bet to choose that one, then go back and choose the next?

Also, I don't see where I can add a credit card ahead of time, is that necessary? Thanks.

STRAVA!!!!!!
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by bikenclimb2 View Post
    I set up an account at imAthlete.
    I would like to sign up for the 3 enduros scheduled, Keystone, Snowmass & Moab. Is there a strategy? Looks like they all are individual. Moab will likely sell out first, so is the best bet to choose that one, then go back and choose the next?

Also, I don't see where I can add a credit card ahead of time, is that necessary? Thanks.
    Defiantly sign up for Moab first! I doubt the other two will sell out..

Tribe Member
    Quick trigger finger and a 1GB internet connection and I am in. Now to get my ass kicked by everyone...Good times for sure
    Proud Tribe member since 1992 - looking for better singletrack to be ridden year round

mtbr member
    The goal is to ride away unhurt and not finish last!

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    It looks like none of the BME events are sold out yet? Looks like I can still register on imathlete.com. Moab sold out in minutes last year. What gives?

mtbr member
    May 2010
    I noticed the same thing. Anybody know?

mtbr member
    No idea. Did they up the rider count?

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Did the series grow to fast? Many opportunities for cheaper racing? BME isn't perfect, but it's been pretty good.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Pick a wheel size...
    still open as of today...

registered.

STRAVA!!!!!!
    Mar 2010

Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by jimithng23 View Post
    still open as of today...

registered.
    Hmmmm, Maybe it was the hype last year or maybe its because its only a one day event this year and in August, HOT!
    Regardless, this is in my opinion the sickest race in the series and in one of my absolute favorite places on earth!!Cant wait!

Your bike sucks
    I'm still surprised about this. Most times I feel like I have to win two races: the race to register then the actual event.

Wonder what it was? Single day event? More available entries? Sticker shock? Date? Competition from the newest CB Backcountry Enduro?

I'm totally happy and excited to have fun at the two events I did register for - exactly the ones I want to do.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Moab still not sold out? Lots of BME still not sold out? Did something happen? Is there some grassroots revolt I'm not hip enough to know about?

mtbr member
    May 2011
    They up'd the pricing a bit, and some of us just weren't up for the massive waits again, or free for all queues ( mixed classes after pro goes, zero enforcement here... think 20 yr old flying past 55 yr old on track ). This being said, I did have fun last year, and will race a few this year too. Hopefully its better this year... what they need is scheduled start times like DH, not by class alone, but by class and rider.

STRAVA!!!!!!
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by rodeoj View Post
    They up'd the pricing a bit, and some of us just weren't up for the massive waits again, or free for all queues ( mixed classes after pro goes, zero enforcement here... think 20 yr old flying past 55 yr old on track ). This being said, I did have fun last year, and will race a few this year too. Hopefully its better this year... what they need is scheduled start times like DH, not by class alone, but by class and rider.
    Moab still not sold out? Lots of BME still not sold out? Did something happen? Is there some grassroots revolt I'm not hip enough to know about?

Its a pro ass kiss fest and people are tired of it already! Just like u said, after the pros go then its all up in the air, "zero enforcement"! I had a few days last year that were over 8 hours long with less than an hour and a half of race time. Maybe they will figure out this year that the "non-pro" people are bringing the majority of the money to the table, maybe not and fold up after a couple of years. So much potential...

I'm with stupid
    So what is stopping people from signing up in the open class and just getting DFL?

mtbr member
    Pride

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Removed entire post, I don't have the energy to address it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast