First Enduro Race!

Printable View

• 01-13-2013
    Spykr
    First Enduro Race!
    Next Sunday I'm doing the SoCal Enduro race, my first experience with enduro and I'm so stoked for it! However, I am not sure if I should register in the Sport or Beginner class. I'm definitely not new to biking, nor am I new to racing. I've got a full season of XC racing under my belt from the NICA high-school league, but that was more uphill than down! I feel that I am pretty capable on the bike, as I've tackled some of the gnarliest trails in the area (Hummingbird, Chumash, the Mt. Wilson shuttle trails. So-cal people you know what I'm talking about probably.), which is making me think that I could probably handle sport class pretty well. But then again, this is my first enduro race so would the beginner class maybe be a more comfortable bet?
  • 01-14-2013
    hitechredneck
    Might as well jump into sport class, if you get your tail kicked then you know where to go nexttime. Last thing you want is to feel like a sandbagger.
  • 01-14-2013
    Combatcm
    Sport
  • 01-14-2013
    Spykr
    Sport class it is then!
  • 01-14-2013
    Salespunk
    See you out there
  • 01-15-2013
    robncircus
    I'll be there. I went with beginner. Best case scenario I podium, worst case I learn how lousy I am. My background is in crit racing, so I'm less concerned about the fitness and more about the overall race experience. I say go beginner, as that's essentially what you'll be.
  • 01-15-2013
    Salespunk
    I will be cruising around on a VitP HD. Say hi if you see me.
  • 01-15-2013
    Spykr
    I'll be on a white and black C'dale prophet with a lefty! Good luck to all of you!