Formerly PaintPeelinPbody

Enduro World Series releases Rule-Book, no mention of downhill specifics

http://www.enduroworldseries.com/dow...-2013Rules.pdf

It doesn't say anything about downhill being required, so this could open the door for flat or low-elevation Enduros. They would still be need to require features that utilize technical ability, but those could be built structures on flat ground.

"4.1: Structure - All Special Stages must follow a predominantly descending route and focus on testing the rider's technical skills. Special exceptions can be made for prologue stages. Enduro racing is about best use of the trails and terrain available. Rider experience and enjoyment should be the focus for any course setter. It is expected that, in order to achieve the best riding on the best trails possible, some climbs will feature within Special Stages."

How much descending?

What I'm worried about is XC races being labelled as Enduro events, and showing up with my 160mm trail bike while guys with carbon SS bikes take the podium.
    I do custom ArcGIS and Google Maps, including data collection and sustainable trail layout. Ride Welsh Mountain

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    I personally dont see anything wrong with low elevation enduros. I think that one of the best things about enduro is that each race tends to have a very local vibe. If the local scenery means a low elevation enduro, then i dont have a problem with that. The "predominantly descending route" pretty much eliminates the idea of a "flat" enduro (wouldnt that be a XC race?). There can be very technical low elevation courses, and not all need to be full speed downhill runs.

Team NFI
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by PHeller View Post
    What I'm worried about is XC races being labelled as Enduro events, and showing up with my 160mm trail bike while guys with carbon SS bikes take the podium.
    Reality is there will be races out there that have Enduro in the title that are closer to say a marathon mtb race. In alot of those cases I think it has more to do with the races using the term before the present Enduro concept came about.

Reality is to me we will end up with at least 2 versions of Enduro based on where one lives. The one we see in Dirt Rag and Dirt where it's mountains and say Ohio,

2012 Mayhem Enduro | Ohio Downhill

So if you show up at a low elevation enduro I would expect to see less bikes one would see say in Whistler.
    www.teamnfi.blogspot.com

Depression...can eat a sack of manure and die.