Rockflopper

Enduro Comp vs. Enduro EVO

I'm looking to race in some enduro events this year and was thinking about getting a Specialized Enduro Comp or Enduro EVO. I was also hoping to ride at some lift serviced downhill parks (Mostly at Winter Park). Should I go with the Comp or the EVO? I'm worried the EVO will be too hard to pedal uphill but I like the frame geometry and suspension setup compared to the Comp. Which model would be the best one to get given the intended use? (bike park and enduro racing)

Also if I go the EVO route should I get last years expert model or would I be better off with the 2013 model (which I think has a slightly slacker geometry)?

Thanks in advance...

mtbr member
    Go with this years Evo. You will be fine pedaling it. No trophies for the first to the top of the climb in Enduro!

I'm with stupid
    This years evo takes place of the SX trail so it will be great for the bike parks and going down that you mentioned. As long as you stay out of the races that have big climbs in them you should be fine with that. I have seen people race everything from 8" bikes to hardtails at races all on the same course so just pick your poison and play towards your weakness.

Rockflopper
    I've never raced enduro before....how important is the climbing? If its not that important I will probably take your guys advice and go with the EVO.

mtbr member
    Climbs are usually limited to less than .1 miles. Think short sharp climbs. Pedaling is important, climbing is not.

FASTER, DAMIT, FASTER
    Sep 2008
    Uphill sections usually are not timed. Bring the bike that can peddle well and rip.
    DON'T EXTINGUISH THE STOKE.