mtbr member
    Sep 2010

East Coast Enduro races for 2014 can be found here!

I wanted to pass along a link to a group on Facebook that is helping to promote enduro racing on the east coast. We have well over 900 users and growing!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/eastcoastenduro/

I'm working on a new site to promote the sport which can be found here:
    East Coast Enduro | East Coast Mountain Bike Enduro & Super D events and information

Thanks,

Gerry

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    Thanks for posting dates for 2014 I hope more venues open up then last year. One gripe I have with east coast enduros is that it seems to be more pedally compared to the oregon enduro series which is more gravity focused. The last two specials at highland is what i thought enduro was about, compared to the 1st two stages which seemed more xc to me at least. As well as the first 2 stages at mtn creek seemed very pedally and xcish. I am all for pedalling but if I wanted to enter a xc race I would. I hope promoters and course designers take notes from the oregon series and continue to make changes out east.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by sean m View Post
    Thanks for posting dates for 2014 I hope more venues open up then last year. One gripe I have with east coast enduros is that it seems to be more pedally compared to the oregon enduro series which is more gravity focused. The last two specials at highland is what i thought enduro was about, compared to the 1st two stages which seemed more xc to me at least. As well as the first 2 stages at mtn creek seemed very pedally and xcish. I am all for pedalling but if I wanted to enter a xc race I would. I hope promoters and course designers take notes from the oregon series and continue to make changes out east.
    Yeah I hope there are more than 38 as well! Going into last season I was told that there could be 4 Endurorama events which were put on by JORBA and SVMB. In 2012 they put on two events which were well received so they had looked to up the amount of events but there was a health issue with the main guy from JORBA so the events didn't happen last year.
    Myself and Harlan Price are talking about doing a couple mini enduros at Launch Bike Park and/or a Super D series there. So there are things in the works.
    Regarding the style of the stages being XC oriented, that is a big discussion that we've had on the FB group. We've found that some of the events get influenced by the XC people and/or the organizers try to draw some XC people out for their enduro.
    I'm with you in that I want them to be leaning more down hill with some pedaling but not monster climbs or long flat stretches.

We need to hear more from people so that we can pass this info onto race organizers. They need to hear what everyone is thinking so that races become more of what people expect.

Thanks!

-Gerry
    East Coast Enduro | East Coast Mountain Bike Enduro & Super D events and information

mtbr member
    Gerry - thanks for putting this together.
    A series at Launch would be awesome.

Perhaps an idea to help promote Enduro would be for Harlan to do some of his skills clinics at Launch. Maybe that would help draw some of the XC crowd over to try more gravity oriented racing.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by reformed roadie View Post
    Gerry - thanks for putting this together.
    A series at Launch would be awesome.

Perhaps an idea to help promote Enduro would be for Harlan to do some of his skills clinics at Launch. Maybe that would help draw some of the XC crowd over to try more gravity oriented racing.
    I'll pass that along to Harlan. Maybe if we did mini enduros with Harlan's skill clinics at Launch. It's a small mountain but it has some gnarly terrain.

-Gerry
    @eastcoastenduro