mtbr member
    Sep 2013

DIY Remote Rear Shock Lock-out

Anyone races with these devices?

The inefficient pedaling and bobbing sucks on my 2010 Speci Enduro and I hate having to take my hand off the bar just to flip the switch during a run. I wanna do something about it so I don't have to buy a different bike.

Seems like there's a lot of DW link/VPP style suspensions on here too, and not too many FSR/Horst types. Is a FSR bike not desirable in enduro racing because of the inefficient pedaling?
    Last edited by FREAKAH; 2 Weeks Ago at 12:14 AM.

Bike's hmmm nice
    I have the same bike, had the same feeling when sprinting/stand-up peddling. I got a push tune for the shock and had the guys work out the compression so it feels more firm aka "mid stroke support" and yet feel less blocked in longer rough sections. Changed the bike completely. No more pro pedal option though, the whole inner is changed. Have not missed that during last few years of racing.

As for the FSR: next bike (3 weeks waiting) will be a Canyon Strive AL. Again FSR, but with the shapeshifter thingy. The former model for the Strive was a single pivot, but Canyon returned to the trusted FRS design. As for the shapeshifter thingy: According to Fabian Barel, your not expected to actually use that during your race run, more as a support during the transfer sections. I would say when Fabian Barel is able to race as he does on the FSR system without locking the shock, you would say it is not the bike that is holding him back.

For me personally, operating my gears and dropper post is already taking up valuable cpu capacity during the race runs. The local races up here (mostly in Belgium and France) have the "blind race" model, so you have no clue what is around the next corner when you are at race speed down the hill. Could be a flat corner, a 1 meter drop, gnarly rock garden or a nasty climb. I'm happy to stay on the bike, get my gears right and seat as well.