mtbr member
    Nov 2012

Carbine or Uzzi?

Hi guys!
    I'm going to build a bike for Megalanache 2013 and maybe some other enduros, but i'm hesitating about the travel. The first way is a Carbine 275 with Deville (do i need lockout?). Target weight - 27-29 lbs. The second is an Uzzi (also 27.5) with Idylle SC. Target weight - 32-34 lbs. I've found that i won't have a problem with the Boses and the 27.5 size. The one i choose would be with chris king hubs and flows 650b(or Enve AM 650b) , 1x10 X0 or 1X11 (please, help!), formula one's and dropper post(help which!). I really can't choose between the light and more capable on uphill, or the miniDH beast.

Thanks!

think
    Jul 2008
    If you're talking about a straight enduro race bike, definitely the Carbine. If you need something for park, dh, and general bombing around riding as well as racing maybe the bigger bike is the right bike overall for you, but from a pure racing standpoint I'd chose the Carbine hands down.

mtbr member
    The Uzzi will not make a good Enduro bike. You need to be able to pedal your ass off for the races on as efficient a bike as possible. Carbine hands down of those two.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    How about the lock out? Do i need it?

mtbr member
    No, you won't have time to use it in the races anyway. Better off spending the money on a higher quality rear shock such as the Monarch RC3 or DB Air.