Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    STRAVA!!!!!!
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    490

    BME MOAB Details?

    Whats the BME Moab got in store for this year?

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Salespunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    2,691
    Rumor is multiple stages rather than 1 long race. Other than that no idea.

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    28
    Guessing Mag7 Sat two descents with a climb on 7up, then Porcupine Rim sections on Sunday.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    96

    BME MOAB Details?

    The way I interpreted their brief description of the Moab BME is:

    Saturday - "infamous West side trails" I'm assuming west of HWY 191? Ive ridden Amasa, Poison Spider, Gemini, etc. but cant remember what would make for good Enduro stages. any ideas? Apparently riders are responsible for getting to the start (carpooling recommended).

    Sunday - essentially the whole enchilada (burro down I guess) but broken up into multiple stages? It's already known that there will be a shuttle and my bet (hope) is that it takes us to the top.

    I'll be heading that way on Sunday, probably stopping in Durango for a couple days en-route.

  5. #5
    STRAVA!!!!!!
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    490
    Quote Originally Posted by conekilr View Post
    The way I interpreted their brief description of the Moab BME is:

    Saturday - "infamous West side trails" I'm assuming west of HWY 191? Ive ridden Amasa, Poison Spider, Gemini, etc. but cant remember what would make for good Enduro stages. any ideas? Apparently riders are responsible for getting to the start (carpooling recommended).

    Sunday - essentially the whole enchilada (burro down I guess) but broken up into multiple stages? It's already known that there will be a shuttle and my bet (hope) is that it takes us to the top.

    I'll be heading that way on Sunday, probably stopping in Durango for a couple days en-route.
    Amasa back to rock stacker would be sweet!

  6. #6
    STRAVA!!!!!!
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    490

    Entry

    Quote Originally Posted by Buckholz View Post
    Guessing Mag7 Sat two descents with a climb on 7up, then Porcupine Rim sections on Sunday.
    HeyBuck, were u able to get an entry to Moab?

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    28
    Got in, THANKS! Leave for Moab Wed at lunchtime, will be crashing my way down the whole Enchalada Thursday

  8. #8
    STRAVA!!!!!!
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    490
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckholz View Post
    Got in, THANKS! Leave for Moab Wed at lunchtime, will be crashing my way down the whole Enchalada Thursday
    NICE! see you there.

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Salespunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    2,691
    Buckholz you better make me proud out there!!!

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    28
    hahha, proud as in crashing and breaking myself, or proud like not sucking, or .....

    I am only a few days away from my one year since a squashed collarbone fracture, so goal is to finish, have fun, and beat one of our local gals (Alex Pavon) on a few stages!

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by Waafoo View Post
    NICE! see you there.
    Thanks, got your PM, will see you there! Staying at Slickrock RV park in the back, just down the street from Aarchway Inn, behind my namesake, Buck's diner or grillhouse or something along that line.

Similar Threads

  1. It's In the Details
    By Osco in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-08-2013, 07:56 AM
  2. Kenda SCT details?
    By meltingfeather in forum Wheels and Tires
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-04-2012, 03:41 AM
  3. Does anyone know the details of this?
    By obieone in forum North & South Carolina
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-10-2011, 07:03 AM
  4. Hold up on RFX due to details?
    By Jaybo in forum Turner
    Replies: 77
    Last Post: 07-23-2011, 06:29 AM
  5. FS 29er-Anyone have details?
    By nevermiss in forum Cannondale
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-06-2011, 01:30 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •