Tribe Member

BME Moab 2013 maps - looking for info

I am racing BME Moab this year but was the 2013 edition 1 or 2 days?
    How much climbing was there or did the shuttle take you all the way to the top?

Just trying to figure out if I want to take my pack and how much food/drink and stuff needs to go for race day.

Thanks
    Proud Tribe member since 1992 - looking for better singletrack to be ridden year round

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Last year was 2 days, with day 1 being the upper Mag 7 trails and day 2 being TWE.

This year is one day down The Whole Enchilada. BME has raced it top to bottom and broken up into 2 stages. Won't know the details for this year until the week on the race. The shuttle takes you most of the way. From the drop-off, you've got a decent climb of something like 1500ft to Burro Pass. It's a solid climb, 40-60min, taking you to over 11,000ft.

No food/water after the shuttle drop-off. They had clif bar products at the drop point. There were also water jugs before the climb up to Hazard County last year (S2 start). I took a small camelbac with 1.5L and tools/tubes/parts.

Tribe Member
    Thanks for the info Jess.
    Proud Tribe member since 1992 - looking for better singletrack to be ridden year round

makin' riders fast
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by yetirich View Post
    I am racing BME Moab this year but was the 2013 edition 1 or 2 days?
    How much climbing was there or did the shuttle take you all the way to the top?

Just trying to figure out if I want to take my pack and how much food/drink and stuff needs to go for race day.

Thanks
    Moab is going to be a one day event and just the Whole Enchilada split into 3 stages. register at bigmountainenduro.com

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by enduromtbtrainer View Post
    Moab is going to be a one day event and just the Whole Enchilada split into 3 stages. register at bigmountainenduro.com
    Three stages? You sure? I've never seen them use more than 2 timing systems-- logistics of moving timing system from "stage one" to "stage three" along the whole enchilada could get ugly-- and may mean a REALLY long wait time at the hottest part of the course... ugh.

I like the notion of three stages, there is a natural split for three... but I hope either a)they've got a third timing system available or b) they have a helicopter.

STRAVA!!!!!!
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by rfxc View Post
    Three stages? You sure? I've never seen them use more than 2 timing systems-- logistics of moving timing system from "stage one" to "stage three" along the whole enchilada could get ugly-- and may mean a REALLY long wait time at the hottest part of the course... ugh.

I like the notion of three stages, there is a natural split for three... but I hope either a)they've got a third timing system available or b) they have a helicopter.
    That's what I was thinking, sure hope they have a third timing set up!!

Pick a wheel size...
    Course maps just released:

Looks to be what most peeps were expecting. I was hoping for 3 stages but not really sure how they'd cut up UPS/LPS/Porc Rim into a 3rd stage.

I noticed during registering for the event something about a "special" stage which will be raced before TWE. Not sure what that's all about...

Also, there's a "new" trail to Burro Pass as opposed to taking the dirt/gravel doubletrack. Anybody been up there to know about this trail?