mtbr member

blur lt for super d?

I'm in the market for my first fs bike and super d interest me big time....... The trails i have to ride don't warrent a nomad..... Anyone have any experience with the blt ? And is it a good bike for super D..... Thanks in advance.....

Big Gulps, Alright!
    I've ridden it at a couple bike parks and equipped with a Lyrik, it can shred some pretty gnarly stuff. Rode it at the Highland Mtn Enduro and it handled it like a champ.

mtbr member
    No reason a Blur LT can't do Super D / Enduro at all. Realistically depending on the course it can handle anything you throw at it.

Set up with a decent fork (Fox 36 / Lyrik / Marz 55) it'll be better than anything you've ridden to date.

Considering this would be your first FS rig, you're going to be setting the bar very high for future bike purchases. It's a good choice!

think
    Jul 2008
    Blur LT Carbon, Fox 34 160, -1.5* angleset, good wheels, don't use the brakes. You'll be winning in no time.

mtbr member
    Should be a good rig. I would recommend checking out the Carbine as well since you get more flexibility to go 27.5.

mtbr member
    Yep, Blur LT is perfect. Lots of guys run 150-160mm travel bike for Enduro/Super D. It's light enough to not kill you on the uphill sections, but enough travel to handle moderate jumps, drops, and chunk. I've ridden mine on everything from smooth singletrack to rocky "trails" and even some downhill stuff. I really prefer a good coil fork on the rougher downhill, just for the feel, but I primarily ride an air fork for the weight savings.

I would say that for racing or riding smooth trails, stick to the suggested pressures for fork and shock. But for anything with rocky, rough sections, lower it to the next weight group down and work up from there if you're bottoming out. The trails I ride are mostly Downieville-esque...plenty of rocks and chunk, and the recommended settings are stiff and unforgiving.

Just for kicks, here's the stuff I rode last year, and the BLT did great in all of it:
    Chico - Bidwell Park (rough and rocky, not much air time)
    Whiskeytown - Shasta Lemurian MTB race (smooth trails mostly)
    Auburn - Forest Hill Divide Loop, Culvert,Confluence, Stagecoach (a bit of everything here)
    Downieville - Divides, Butcher Ranch, Pauley Creek, North Yuba River Trail (everything but jumps)
    Ashland, OR - DH course, Time Warp, Caterpillar, etc. (everything here, and lots of mid-size jumps)
    Oakridge, OR - Lots of shuttle trails via MBO! (mostly smooth buffed singletrack)
    Last edited by TwoHeadsBrewing; 01-09-2013 at 02:23 PM.
    "Got everything you need?"

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoHeadsBrewing View Post
    Yep, Blur LT is perfect. Lots of guys run 150-160mm travel bike for Enduro/Super D. It's light enough to not kill you on the uphill sections, but enough travel to handle moderate jumps, drops, and chunk. I've ridden mine on everything from smooth singletrack to rocky "trails" and even some downhill stuff. I really prefer a good coil fork on the rougher downhill, just for the feel, but I primarily ride an air fork for the weight savings.

I would say that for racing or riding smooth trails, stick to the suggested pressures for fork and shock. But for anything with rocky, rough sections, lower it to the next weight group down and work up from there if you're bottoming out. The trails I ride are mostly Downieville-esque...plenty of rocks and chunk, and the recommended settings are stiff and unforgiving.

Just for kicks, here's the stuff I rode last year, and the BLT did great in all of it:
    Chico - Bidwell Park (rough and rocky, not much air time)
    Whiskeytown - Shasta Lemurian MTB race (smooth trails mostly)
    Auburn - Forest Hill Divide Loop, Culvert,Confluence, Stagecoach (a bit of everything here)
    Downieville - Divides, Butcher Ranch, Pauley Creek, North Yuba River Trail (everything but jumps)
    Ashland, OR - DH course, Time Warp, Caterpillar, etc. (everything here, and lots of mid-size jumps)
    Oakridge, OR - Lots of shuttle trails via MBO! (mostly smooth buffed singletrack)

Thanks man.... Good to know.... Now all I need is my potential dirtbike buyer to cone through for me on Friday.